Latest CX-90 teaser (12/13/2022)

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 7.47.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 7.49.38 PM.png

Frames taken from the latest unboxing video. The deep red looks very nice!

Design seems OK, perhaps even a little more conservative than the Gen 2 when it arrived in 2015. that said, the 'Inline 6' badge on the front fenders is super lame.

Are the wheel arches painted? I'm completely done with plastic / unpainted body cladding.

So personally, I'm perfectly happy with my CX-9, but I will absolutely be using the potential of the failed cylinder head to attempt to convince my wife that we should upgrade to the 90 when the powertrain warranty on the 9 runs out, lol. That is, assuming that I like the looks and pricing of the 90, and assuming I prefer it over whatever the competition has to offer at the time.
Yup.

But, I had a lot of anticipation for the new Pilot, and i sort of just nodded when it came out. I was figuring it was the only real competition so I'm not sure it anything else from non luxury brands will sway me away.

I won't like the price, I'm pretty sure of that, but when MDXs are well over 70k well equipped, and Pilots over 60k, what to do. I'm going to be very motivated come end of lease/warranty to move on. A yr ago I wouldn't have said that. But i since know of the engine issue, plus i now have a need to tow so our current 3500 lb limit is back of mind.

So for me I also need to say assuming it pulls 5000 lb or I'm out. Now, if they somehow hit 6000 lb like the Pathfinder I'll love it to death, fender vent and all!

So glad to see the lack of plastic cladding. Now we just need to ditch the chrome. :)
the cladding is there, it's just body color. if Mazda follows their previous behavior the body color cladding will be on the most expensive trim and it will be black on the rest

He shows a shot of the back of the cx90 and a bit of the interior. I think it looks pretty nice and the red works well imo.
at 2:53 of the video you do see the seat with a similar trim line (in black) as the cx50. The stripe up the middle, which would sit right in the middle of...well, you know.

I could have sworn I read here (can't find the post now) that the stripe tends to create discomfort. I guess it would depend on one's butt shape but something I'll be watching for (feeling for?) once this hits dealers.

Comments on seat discomfort of the CX-50 at the 10:20 mark ;)

Thanks, interesting review. Not a class i've paid much attn to, but do have a crv sort of getting on and it really does bore me to death...maybe I should pay attn. I've read some less than positive things about the CX50 but that review has me wondering about it. I mean, if the handling is the reason crossover buyers don't like it since it's too sporty...sign me up! Mazda problems I guess.

That and a cx90 wouldn't be a bad combo, perhaps except for the credit card in the rear thing, maybe x2 vehicles!

Latest unboxing episode
Thanks for posting this!
I really dig some of the design stuff. Some very nice looking vintage-inspired items in the interior which look awesome.

Thanks for posting this!
I really dig some of the design stuff. Some very nice looking vintage-inspired items in the interior which look awesome.

Agreed! Love the smaller details like the stitching on the dash and the designs on the polished interior trim. Cup holder placement is improved IMO. That Mazda placard on the lower door exterior trim is nice too. Can't wait to see how this new red appears in dynamic lighting!

It appears that the stitch in the center of the seat and seat back is covered. If I remember right, the same stitch on the CX-50 is exposed, which would explain why some people have commented that it feels uncomfortable to sit in those seats. Hopefully covering the seam means a more comfortable seat, though I do prefer the look of the exposed stitch on the CX-50 seats.

Still unsure on the front end.. the leading edge of the hood looks more rounded, and less pronounced than the hood of the CX-9, which I love. Gloss black inner grille is nice, and the vertical slats do set it apart a bit.

Unsurprisingly, the interior design looks very similar to the cx-60. Interior review starts at around 1:44

That stitching on the dash only seems present on higher trim model. I saw a lot of cx-60 review with a plain black dash instead.

Agreed! Love the smaller details like the stitching on the dash and the designs on the polished interior trim. Cup holder placement is improved IMO. That Mazda placard on the lower door exterior trim is nice too. Can't wait to see how this new red appears in dynamic lighting!

It appears that the stitch in the center of the seat and seat back is covered. If I remember right, the same stitch on the CX-50 is exposed, which would explain why some people have commented that it feels uncomfortable to sit in those seats. Hopefully covering the seam means a more comfortable seat, though I do prefer the look of the exposed stitch on the CX-50 seats.

Still unsure on the front end.. the leading edge of the hood looks more rounded, and less pronounced than the hood of the CX-9, which I love. Gloss black inner grille is nice, and the vertical slats do set it apart a bit.
I totally noticed that detail on the seat and thought of the complaints from the CX50! It looks smooth.

I think this was the first time I saw that Mazda writing on that lower door trim and I agree it looks good. I am little nervous there is going to be too much chrome on this vehicle overall (like the CX9) but that seems to be on all their vehicles so I put up with it :rolleyes:

Back