Just bought a 5

X-Tanker

:
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Hello everyone. Picked up a 2009 Grand Touring the other day. Black, 31k miles. Traded in a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe that drank gas like crazy. I'm trusting the 5 will be better in that department. Liking everything so far. This is actually my second Mazda. Had a 2005 3 for a while until we outgrew it.

First order of business is to replace the rear shocks. I noticed some creaking and groaning when driving over rougher patches of road. A quick search revealed the shocks are a common problem with these. Already ordered a pair of KYBs, so hopefully that will take care of that issue. I know it's still under warranty, but why replace a crappy pair of shocks with another crappy pair? I'll take the $60 loss on the KYBs.

Second is to replace the radio with the Sony I took out of the Santa Fe. Main reason is iPod integration. I really don't want to use the aux input on the center console. I know I'll lose Blue Tooth, but I'm not popular enough to be on my cell phone all day long. No big loss there.

Third is to tint the windows. It gets nice 'n toasty inside if it's been sitting out in the sun.

I look forward to learning a lot on here!

Also...rear sway bar bushing lubrication/greasing. Many posts here about on treatment options, a common malady.

A coating of grease and no more squeaking! If they start acting up again I'll just swap 'em out with some aftermarket ones.

I've been pretty pleased with the gas mileage. I get 25mpg suburban stop & go driving and 31mpg highway.

I have the Touring without bluetooth. Any idea if I can retrofit it with say your head unit to gain BT? Or is it more involving than that?

I've been pretty pleased with the gas mileage. I get 25mpg suburban stop & go driving and 31mpg highway.

I have the Touring without bluetooth. Any idea if I can retrofit it with say your head unit to gain BT? Or is it more involving than that?

Well I know you can buy aftermarket head units that have Bluetooth. I have no idea if you can just plug-in the OEM Bluetooth radio on a car that didn't come with it. It was operated and programmed through a button on the steering wheel, so if you don't have that button, I'm going to say probably not.

Back