ND MX-5 Jeff's 2016 ST GT Build

Well I probably just guaranteed six more months of winter as I installed the summer wheels this morning. Gloss black Flyin' Miata Kogeki's in 17x8 +45 with 225/45/17 General G-Max RS tires. Using 949Racing hubcentric rings and black valve stem caps with Rays L32 Dura-Nut lug nuts and valve stem caps in blue.

After installing them, I took the wife to work and then met up with the local club for a two hour drive on some local twisty roads to get some ice cream. Helluva lot better than being in the office!
Ghost - LVMOC Jane's Ice Cream and Eatery April 8th 2021.jpeg
Ghost - FM Kogeki(1).jpeg
Ghost - FM Kogeki(4).jpeg
Ghost - FM Kogeki.jpeg

Well I probably just guaranteed six more months of winter as I installed the summer wheels this morning. Gloss black Flyin' Miata Kogeki's in 17x8 +45 with 225/45/17 General G-Max RS tires. Using 949Racing hubcentric rings and black valve stem caps with Rays L32 Dura-Nut lug nuts and valve stem caps in blue.

After installing them, I took the wife to work and then met up with the local club for a two hour drive on some local twisty roads to get some ice cream. Helluva lot better than being in the office!View attachment 297426View attachment 297427View attachment 297428View attachment 297429
Looks like you had a blast and great weather too...Love the pics!

Thanks @Antoine and @Reitrof.

It was a gorgeous day and we are doing the same run tomorrow. Tomorrow will be even better as my niece will be my co-pilot. She went on several with me last year and loved it. Also insisted that we keep the top down on the Polar Bear Run back in January....love that girl!

Thank you guys.

FM released them late last year for the NA, NB and ND. Maybe they plan on releasing some for the NC? They are flow formed like the newer Konig offerings and weigh in at 15.95lbs for the 17x8. So I saved about 2lbs per corner from the OEM wheels.

Thanks guys!

Replaced the JBR engine bay sill plates, oil dipstick handle, battery hold down strap and Mishimoto w/w fluid reservoir with the OEM parts. I was very happy with the quality of the parts and the bling they provided. However my lack of motivation to do a 117K+ mile deep clean of the engine bay meant that I would be embarrassed to open the hood at a car show/meet to show them off.

That said, I started to shake a little when thinking of putting the yellow OEM oil dipstick handle back on. So, I broke out the blue paint and painted it. Now it matches the brake fluid reservoir cap from my NC and blends in as it is a darker blue. I also left the JBR blue intake induction hose installed for now. My butt dyno was not pleased when I inquired about putting the accordion hose back on and went to management. Maybe I will buy a black one in the future?
20210422_144642.jpg

Realized I never posted a full engine bay shot with all of the bling. For posterity...
20210421_064712.jpg

I used some gloss black Hyperdip on the emblems. Very happy with the end result. :)

index.php

index.php

index.php

My tape job for the emblem dipping. I did this at work so when I got home I taped off the rest of the taillight area. I also added an extra line of tape to the right side of the front emblem and should have added another above it.

20210617_103226.jpg
20210617_103244.jpg

Back