JDM rear low profile headrests

Hi, Can you tell me if you ordered these and if so, were they the low profile ones like the center? They are listed as R and L rear, and I cannot get them to comprehend my question in my inquiry. I cannot tell by the picture they have posted. How is the color match for the Caturra Brown?
Those Japanese rear left / right headrests are almost as low as the rear center headrest, See the comparison picture at post #78 above. If you go to the exact Japanese websites like those mentioned in this thread, you’ll get the right ones, including those for Caturra Brown Nappa leather trim on CX-5 Signature.

Those Japanese rear left / right headrests are almost as low as the rear center headrest...
I'm struggling with the decision between Gen-1 and Gen-2 for our 2020 GTR (Black Leather). I tend to agree with your assessment that Gen-2 for Gen-2 is the best way to go, but japanparts.com is showing a pretty big difference in final cost with shipping

A pair of Gen-1's are about $175 with shipping. Gen-2's come out to $260, though they are only about $15 more each. But for some reason the shipping on them is higher, $136 vs $94.

Hoping for some additional input! Is it worth the extra $85 to match Gen-2 with Gen-2?

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the decision between Gen-1 and Gen-2 for our 2020 GTR (Black Leather). I tend to agree with your assessment that Gen-2 for Gen-2 is the best way to go, but japanparts.com is showing a pretty big difference in final cost with shipping

A pair of Gen-1's are about $175 with shipping. Gen-2's come out to $260, though they are only about $15 more each. But for some reason the shipping on them is higher, $136 vs $94.

Hoping for some additional input! Is it worth the extra $85 to match Gen-2 with Gen-2?
FWIW, I put the Gen-1 in my 2019 GTR. The main reason is that they're lower then the Gen-2. I almost never have back seat passengers & I can easily fold the seats down without messing with the headrests. It really comes down to personal preference.
IMG_2488.JPG

Just ordered the Gen 1 headrests from Japan Parts for our 2020 GT. And now the wait for shipping begins. I assume that shipping is still delayed, but they will be here when they get here. Thanks to those who provided all the information here. Ordered the version in post #29, K072-88-240 02 - 2016 CX-5 Black GT Leather with Black Stitching.

Does anyone know if these are still available, specifically in the parchment white? I went to japanparts site and came up with zilch. Thanks

Yes i know it is parchment and they have two generations, thnx, my ques tho was why cannot i access these on their site. ? Even using the part number it comes up not found
Try the link I posted again. Yesterday I could see like 8 or so different JDM headrests but it wouldn't convert Yen to USD. Today I can see the same choices but now the currency conversion works & I can add to cart. The site's just a little slow. Model KE is gen 1 & model KF is gen 2.

Gen 2 R & L
Gen 2 Center
Gen 1 R & L

I have black with red stitching gen 1 in my 2019 GTR. I bought them from JDM Japanparts.com at the end of 2019. From time of order to time I received them took 3 weeks using the lowest cost shipping.

Thanks for that. I see many of the examples state for cx5 and not 30 Are they interchangeable.? As well the parchment example does not look like parchment...it looks tan to me, or is it just the pic?

Thanks for that. I see many of the examples state for cx5 and not 30 Are they interchangeable.? As well the parchment example does not look like parchment...it looks tan to me, or is it just the pic?
I doubt they're interchangeable with the 30. I assumed you were looking for CX-5 headrests since you posted this in the CX-5 forum. I can't vouch for the colors in the pictures. They do use different names for the colors. Other members were trying to verify what Caturra Brown Nappa leather in the Signature models was called on JapanParts.

this was posted in another thread.
hope the part.no helps you.

I would assume part numbers not listed below but present on japanparts may be the cx5 signature ones or you could always try to contact the seller for confirmation.

20210628_122656.jpg

this was posted in another thread.
hope the part.no helps you.

I would assume part numbers not listed below but present on japanparts may be the cx5 signature ones or you could always try to contact the seller for confirmation.

View attachment 300537
I contacted him prior to posting here and he said "this is all i have to sell" and all were either black or grey that he showed me. Evidently the parchment color is no longer avail. As well, it is a very wonky web site as when i out in the part no. I get zero results, however, you, and the seller, showed me options...something is not right with the site

Can anyone confirm which headrest to order from japanparts for 2021 GT with black leather?
More detailed info:
I have a 2018 GT with preferred, so similar features.

I overcame 2 of those concerns. ⋯

1: polarized lenses vs. HUD.

2: Rear seat fold/down. I bought Japanese Domestic Market headrests which are lower profile but the same leather and stitching as the original. These are a few inches shorter when stowed and allow the seats to drop all the way without removing them. It was about $170 delivered for the pair: JAPANPARTS.COM
HEADREST K157-88-240 02
Item# 479-100-008
This doesn't help with the Sig issue, but FWIW parts-sale provided me with the PN for the 2017-2019 black leather JDM headrests: K157-88-240 02. Quote was $57.67 each.

Back