It will be called CX-7

It isn't any uglier than a Protege5 or Mazda3 5-door. Much better looking in my opinion with better ground clearance and hopefully AWD for us in Michigan.

Crap on wheels IMO....Not for me definately...I can just picture all the SUV ****** buying this up, and slapping on 22 Bling bling Rims..Blasting music...

See, I would hope that it would be lightweight and get 32+ mpg, take premium because it was super/turbocharged, and I would use it to drive around the kids that I don't have.

for people up here in canada i could see it making sense, but why the hell do you guys even have SUVs in the southern states? need lots of height and low end torque to drive on the freeway? and they arent even safe, just give you a false feeling of safety because they are so large. they drink 2 much gas 2, they are the opposite of what we need more of in the world and yet americans cant stop buying them. if you feel the need for more room becasue you have kids jsut get a mazda5. oh well at least it looks nice, i bet they will sell tons in quebec where they are actually needed.

Last edited:
One would be wise to compare it more to a Volvo than a Nissan. I'd say it's probably on the chasis of a XC90 just as the MPV vans are. Volvo (Ford) and mazda share a good many parts these days.

What engine they puttin in that...like 3.0 V6? prolly. Looks badass plus ima wait to get a tribute, and see how these are, if they drive better thena tribute, thats my next mazda

simdrew said:
Because station wagons look sooooo coool! (pow)

Some can. Ever seen the Mazda 6 wagon? Needs some work done to the appearance side, but it starts out pretty nice looking. And you can fit so much crap in there, it's a perfect alternative to an SUV.

hence the concept, thats why they have it and let the public tear it apart, to know what to do with it in the future, im interested to drive it, im used to driving my friends ford escape it drives nicely, it feels like a minivan cut in half, lol

GimmeA3S said:
Some of the changes you can expect from concept to production: Wheels, though gorgeous (IMO) will never make the transition. They will likely add a tradtional shifter (probably an autostick) and the 'orb' on the center dash will be traded for something more 'common' looking. I also predict the top of the steering wheel won't be brown, but the wheel will probably get some aluminum accents added (it's strangely plain looking for a concept). I'd also be surprised if the brown stripe in the seats made it to production.

I'm not a big SUV fan, but I could fall in love with this one if it made it to production intact, especially if it's as fast as it looks.

P.S Misbehave, your signature cracks me up - and reflects my opinion of 99% of drivers in Dallas (hah) (rlaugh) .

Not just in Dallas, but the whole fu<king country.
This country seriously need a major reform for driving test and licensing.
They need to give a fu<king different kind of test and licensing requriment to those who decide to buy any mini-my-ass-van and mega ass-U-V that is bigger than a Toyota Rav-4/Honda CR-V/KIA Sportage/Jeep Liberty.
Cause we are surrounded and endangered by bitches who can't do back-up or who do not shoulder-check when crossing lane on freeway everyday.

I almost crashed into the bottom of a Chevy Blazer last week because that b**** who has her belly touching the bottom of the steering-wheel, decided to merge into my lane without doing shoulder-check. Glad that the 4 wheel disc brakes saved me and and my wife.

Sometimes, I do believe my P5 is really invisible on the road. Too bad it's not really true when there are cops around and I am speeding.

I think it looks good. The back looks like a Porshe Cayenne and a Murano mixed together. I heard rumors awhile ago that a Ford built 3.5 liter engine is in the works. I wonder if this will be the first one to get it.

Lord_Zath said:
Some can. Ever seen the Mazda 6 wagon? Needs some work done to the appearance side, but it starts out pretty nice looking. And you can fit so much crap in there, it's a perfect alternative to an SUV.

Mazda6
Protege5
WRX
Audi-RS4/RS6
the list go on an on.

Just because GM and Ford can't make decent looking wagon doesn't mean there aren't any.

misbehave said:
Mazda6
Protege5
WRX
Audi-RS4/RS6
the list go on an on.

Just because GM and Ford can't make decent looking wagon doesn't mean there aren't any.

You forgot the Magnum. And I dont care what anyone says, those cars look hawt. A magnum is the only car I would ever own with 20+ inch wheels.

And I saw a white 6 wagon the other day with bronze Volks, tinted/smoked everything, lowered. It looked sooooo nice.

I like it, and if it comes in AWD could be tempted to add it to the family as our next car.

OrngSpd03 said:
Push button start. Push button gear shift. Mystic orb thing=Navi System/Radio/Climate controled Touch Screen system. Does not use a key, driver only needs to have the fob.
no key sounds scary

Example: working on your car, the battery cable is unplugged, you close the hood to go in for a drink. The doors were already locked. Now you're ******.

I hope the fob is waterproof too if that is the only way to open and start the car.

Back