It will be called CX-7

misbehave said:
This looks much better than Murano.
The overall shape and design of Murano is not bad, but the front grille and the C-pillars are ugly.

You cant deny the similarites between the 2 and anyhow No SUV looks good IMO

misbehave said:
This looks much better than Murano.
The overall shape and design of Murano is not bad, but the front grille and the C-pillars are ugly.

The Murano was desgined with the italian glass artwork its named for in mind. Totally different from this vehicle, but I do see the similarites.

I'd drive one.... Throw some 22's on that thing. It almost looks like it's trying to be a little too tough when it's not tough. It should be more luxury/non-offroad oriented like the RX300, X5, and Murano.

Mazda has become more and more upscale very fast, car looks really nice, given the fact that Mazda cars are currently the most sold cars in Qubec, I think it should do very well.

Are you guys kidding?

Have you seen the size of a Murano? It's f'ing huge. How in the hell does this car resemble NEAR the size front and back as that fat Murano?

Similarities? Yes...

Differences? Plenty...

First off, the CX-7 is far lighter, sleeker, and has more CAR in the design than SUV. That's obvious. Those calling it a Murano knock off are dreaming. I doubt that this car will eat up the gas mileage that the Murano does.

It looks more like they took the idea of a wagon, made the body bigger, and put bigger wheels on it therefore calling it a crossover SUV because its bigger than a wagon, but smaller than an SUV. Anybody want to throw any bets about how this car will deliver in handling?

SUVs drive like trucks. No grip or cornering because of their top heavy designs. I got my best money that says this vehicle will out perform every SUV small and heavy in handling and quickness.

PseudoSpeed said:
i want a mystical orb thingy :(
seriously.

i think it looks nice.
the only thing i see from the murano is the back egg shape and then the usual dual exhaust and itty bitty spoiler lip on the back... that's about it. LOOK!:

07-04-Murano-350-203.jpg

nc-20050526-9325.jpg

eljefe305 said:
seriously.

i think it looks nice.
the only thing i see from the murano is the back egg shape and then the usual dual exhaust and itty bitty spoiler lip on the back... that's about it. LOOK!:

07-04-Murano-350-203.jpg

nc-20050526-9325.jpg

The mazda look so muc better.

The Murano looks small, and it is nowhere near huge. It has the same wheelbase of a Maxima, which is six inches longer than a Forester but it's still a manageable size. Huge would be an Escalade or something that pollute our roads.

WookieOnRitalin said:
Are you guys kidding?

Have you seen the size of a Murano? It's f'ing huge. How in the hell does this car resemble NEAR the size front and back as that fat Murano? ....

Some of the changes you can expect from concept to production: Wheels, though gorgeous (IMO) will never make the transition. They will likely add a tradtional shifter (probably an autostick) and the 'orb' on the center dash will be traded for something more 'common' looking. I also predict the top of the steering wheel won't be brown, but the wheel will probably get some aluminum accents added (it's strangely plain looking for a concept). I'd also be surprised if the brown stripe in the seats made it to production.

I'm not a big SUV fan, but I could fall in love with this one if it made it to production intact, especially if it's as fast as it looks.

P.S Misbehave, your signature cracks me up - and reflects my opinion of 99% of drivers in Dallas (hah) (rlaugh) .

Last edited:
peepsalot said:
I like the mystical orb thing on the center console. Where's the shifter?

Push button start. Push button gear shift. Mystic orb thing=Navi System/Radio/Climate controled Touch Screen system. Does not use a key, driver only needs to have the fob.

Back