IPOD Interface

cfiedler

:
Mazda 6 2011
I purchased the $400 IPod interface for my 2011 Mazda 6 with 6 CD changer stereo to play audio books through my stereo, but about once a week the car resets my Ipod, which looses my place in the book.

While this sounds trivial, it is incredibly annoying to me. The stereo does not display where in the book you are (it counts up to 99 minutes, and then starts over - you don't know which 99 minute section of the book you are in). The fast forward won't move by sections of the book, and is very slow. I have purchased headphones so that I can use the IPod's fast forward. Once a week I spend 5 minutes sitting in a parking lot somewhere, fast forwarding through the book trying to find my place.

When the reset occurs the battery on the IPod has been drained of all it's energy - I often have to drive for 15 minutes to get enough power in the IPod to stop and find my place in the book.

This behavior has been occuring ever since I bought the car last year. I have had it in to the dealer twice - both times they checked and said the ipod was charging when they looked at it, so that there was nothing they could do.

At one point they said that the factory told them that the users book tells me that I need to unplug my Ipod before I turn of the engine to prevent this. This isn't true - the user's book for the interface says nothing about this, and I really don't want to have to remember to unplug my Ipod everytime I stop the car.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix to this problem? Is there any way I can get Mazda to fix the problem, given that it only occurs intermittently?

Is there another radio that I could install in the car that does not have this problem? And has a decent display so that you can see your position in the book, and has a decent fast forward?

Curt

Back