Iphone 5 , ios 6 and the cx-9

I though I would mention that SIRI actually works (limited) with the latest iphone5 and iOS6, possibly others.

By works, I mean that when you press the SIRI button on the phone, the car picks up the bluetooth audio/mic from your phone. It's basically acting like a hands free speaker phone, but you can instruct her to play music, make a call, send text, or search the web. Nothing displays on my Bose screen, but it's helpful at times.

"SIRI, I have an emergency - Find the nearest Starbux!" (coffee)

Just this afternoon, my 13-year old nephew was showing off his new iPhone and demonstrating how handy SIRI could be. He asked it "where can I get rid of a dead body?" and SIRI suggested a ravine, an abandoned well, and several other handy ideas to dump a corpse! (smash)

She suggested a nearby reservoir to me. Very helpful.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes- "A good friend will help you move, but a GREAT friend will help you move a body!" =)

So if I did pair the phone for the test drive, and then didn't buy the vehicle, I would need to go through and delete all the contacts separately? That means I am not going to pair the phone. Thanks for the help.

I test drove it, and paired it, and then bought the vehicle :) I did the same thing on the Highlander/Santa Fe/Escape that I didn't buy, but I was sure to go through and delete the pairing and the phone book.

Okay, so now with my new CX-9 is having some of these problems. Are we all having the same problems? When I pair my iPhone 4S to the car via Bluetooth, I have song titles and almost full functionality, but I have no shuffle. And even the shuffle button on the phone is disabled! WTF? Some of you don't have song titles. Has that been resolved? If I re-pair, might I get shuffle function back, or am I going to lose song titles, or what?

Does anyone have a 2013 CX-9 with nav that DOES have shuffle functionality?

Okay, so now with my new CX-9 is having some of these problems. Are we all having the same problems? When I pair my iPhone 4S to the car via Bluetooth, I have song titles and almost full functionality, but I have no shuffle. And even the shuffle button on the phone is disabled! WTF? Some of you don't have song titles. Has that been resolved? If I re-pair, might I get shuffle function back, or am I going to lose song titles, or what?

Does anyone have a 2013 CX-9 with nav that DOES have shuffle functionality?

I tried re-pairing, and it didn't solve the shuffle problem for me. I can see song titles, and always have been able to. It's quite unfortunate. I wonder if Mazda has any ability to upgrade firmware. It's not mentioned anywhere in the manuals, but there is the memory card slot for upgrading maps, so it makes me wonder...

After my last note, I decided to do some investigoogling, and have found that the iOS 6 Bluetooth shuffle issue is very much widespread across many car entertainment systems, and there are other odd issues with other BT devices and iOS 6. So this appears to be an iOS issue and not a Mazda-specific issue. This is good news, and I would hope there will be a fix in an upcoming iOS release. Sooner than later, please.

You may have already discovered this, but they're having the same issue over in the CX-5 forums. User jtcx5 posted that you can do this: "UPDATE: I think there is a scenario where shuffle play will stay on: (1) turn on HD radio, (2) press play on iPhone and turn on shuffle, (3) switch to bluetooth"

This has worked for me. I don't know if this is the specific sequence I followed, but I was able to get shuffle working by switching the car audio to radio, starting my phone playing the playlist on shuffle just through the phone speaker, then switching the car back to Bluetooth. It's weird, and of course it should not be necessary to do something so weird to get shuffle working, but it does work.

I just bought a 2011 cx-9 GT with Nav. I have the Iphone5 IOS6. I got the Bluetooth to sync just fine. the Audio works but no song titles but that's ok with me. My issue is the sound quality..it sometimes has static like if I was listing to the FM. I drove bmw X3 before this and it had Bluetooth audio..it didn't sound like cds or normal aux but it didn't make static.

Is this normal? Everything is still under factory warrant to just wondering.

Thank you

I just bought a 2011 cx-9 GT with Nav. I have the Iphone5 IOS6. I got the Bluetooth to sync just fine. the Audio works but no song titles but that's ok with me. My issue is the sound quality..it sometimes has static like if I was listing to the FM. I drove bmw X3 before this and it had Bluetooth audio..it didn't sound like cds or normal aux but it didn't make static.

Is this normal? Everything is still under factory warrant to just wondering.

Thank you

I too have a 2011 cx-9 with iPhone 5 and ios 6.x. Same issue of the songs not displaying; but never had static of any kind. My song plays fine; in fact, I was on a family trip and had bluetooth music on for 7 hours straight with no static. Just the annoying no song name display. Anyone have any idea on that?

Im going to add some more HQ songs like 320kbps ones and see if that helps any. Infot maybe i'll ask the dealer.. since yours does not do it and my wifes iphone 4 is doing it also.

Hey folks, new to the community, and figured this was a good place to start. Sorry for bring up a zombie thread, but this seemed like the best place for this discussion. I am using a 2013 CX-9 AWD GT without the tech package or gucci stereo. I'm running the current iOS (6.1) on an iPhone 5.

I had no issues with BT connections. BT audio and Pandora functionality work like a champ. Hands-free integration works fine, but I found that it's better to force Siri over the BT phone connection by holding the phone's home button. I charge the phone from the USB port in the armrest since BT audio kills the battery. On a related note, I am 100% unable to pipe audio over USB from my phone to the car. Usually the car recognizes the phone and changes 'USB' to 'iPod', but it never brings up any functionality to start playing music from the car's display. Anyone else having this issue?

I keep my IPOD connected to USB all the time and just use IPhone via BT. Both work great. And I agree, Pandora is the way to go. I cancelled my Sirius because I never have a need for it any more. I want to listento just music - no talking.

I had a iPhone 4 with IOS 6 synced seamlessly had to replace now have a 5C with IOS 7 and it will not sync. Others are having luck but my car will not even recognize phone

I had a iPhone 4 with IOS 6 synced seamlessly had to replace now have a 5C with IOS 7 and it will not sync. Others are having luck but my car will not even recognize phone

did you try deleting the phone then re-pairing it? and did you make sure that the BT on your phone is on--I noticed some settings like that and WiFi changed when I upgraded to iOS 7.

Yes, it actually synced once prior to deleting old phone then couldn't get it to sync again so tried everything under the sun to resync. If anyone has any tricks please offer. In the phone BT setting it will find The car anymore? I'm hoping that Mazda can get it work.

Yes, it actually synced once prior to deleting old phone then couldn't get it to sync again so tried everything under the sun to resync. If anyone has any tricks please offer. In the phone BT setting it will find The car anymore? I'm hoping that Mazda can get it work.

Try deleting both "ends". First, delete your phone from the Mazda. Then, on the phone, delete the Mazda Bluetooth connection. Then start from scratch with the pairing sequence in your manual.

Back