Installing Cruise Control?

Medic5

:
2013 Mazda2
Was wondering if anyone has had success in installing their own cruise control? I would really like to get the OEM Wheel with the cruise panel on it, and I have heard some rumors that cruise control is already installed in the Mazda2's, just has to have a Cruise Control steering wheel to access it?

Dealership wants a little over 700$ to install cruise control. ( Would be helpful since I enjoy roadtrips and lots of highway use, but not for 700$)

From what I can tell by reading the service manuals and wiring diagrams is that the USDM Mz2 is already 'wired' for cruise, you just need the controls on the steering wheel. Only problem I could see running into would be if the PCM was shipped with cruise disabled, but that could be solved with a reflash(albeit expensive). The Mz2 is all drive-by-wire so there is no separate control module for cruise going to the throttle body like in days past; EVERYTHING is controlled by the bloody computer now.

From what I can tell by reading the service manuals and wiring diagrams is that the USDM Mz2 is already 'wired' for cruise, you just need the controls on the steering wheel. Only problem I could see running into would be if the PCM was shipped with cruise disabled, but that could be solved with a reflash(albeit expensive). The Mz2 is all drive-by-wire so there is no separate control module for cruise going to the throttle body like in days past; EVERYTHING is controlled by the bloody computer now.

Thank you. That's good stuff to know. Now I just dont know where I could buy a decent priced steering wheel with the controls, or if there's some way to either modify the current wheel, or maybe some way to install an aftermarket controller perhaps?

Honestly, just check fleabay. All you need are the controls and silver trim piece for the current wheel. You can probably get the entire wheel sans airbag, but don't beat yourself up over it. Keep in mind I'm not 100% on this, but checking every bit of Mazda factory manual I can't see any difference between the cars with and without CC other than those controls.

The steering wheels are different, I tried to add the touring wheel, but the airbags are different.

Back