Infotainment Keeps Rebooting (2022 CX-5)

Today my 2022 CX-5 infotainment started rebooting every 1-3 minutes, sometimes even faster. It keeps rebooting no matter what I do. I disconnected my phone, same thing.. until removing my navigation SD card then the system started working again without any issues. CarPlay, radio ,etc all good. Then went to my 2021 CX-9 GT to check it out, same thing navigation keeps rebooting until I removed the SD card. Card was updated few weeks back to the latest software using Mazda toolkit. Not sure what's going on, but its strange that the problem happen on 2 cars at the same time. Mazda or SiriusXM must have done something/changed/updated something from their side. Did anybody encounter this issue today?

My 2022 CX5 infotainment also started to random reboot today every couple of minutes. It has been working perfectly till today. Not sure what's going on. :-(

Today my 2022 CX-5 infotainment started rebooting every 1-3 minutes, sometimes even faster. It keeps rebooting no matter what I do. I disconnected my phone, same thing.. until removing my navigation SD card then the system started working again without any issues. CarPlay, radio ,etc all good. Then went to my 2021 CX-9 GT to check it out, same thing navigation keeps rebooting until I removed the SD card. Card was updated few weeks back to the latest software using Mazda toolkit. Not sure what's going on, but its strange that the problem happen on 2 cars at the same time. Mazda or SiriusXM must have done something/changed/updated something from their side. Did anybody encounter this issue today?
Same here! Latest maps updates on both my 2021 CX-5 and 2020 CX-9 along with latest software/cmu updates for both over the weekend. Starting to get real annoying. Got to be skynet

Same here! Latest maps updates on both my 2021 CX-5 and 2020 CX-9 along with latest software/cmu updates for both over the weekend. Starting to get real annoying. Got to be skynet
Thanks for sharing! I think it has something to do with Sirius Xm traffic and infotainment services. What do you mean by Skynet?

Hi. My first post here but I have been checking this forum quite often for the past several years. Coincidence or not but the exact same rebooting issue started happening on my Cx9 2022 with nav system. Mazda connect rebooting every 4 to 5 min. It is a brand new car, not even 3 months old so I don't think it is an issue of bad metal contacts on my sd card like it was reported before.

I would like to add that before this issue started happening this evening I noticed that my sirius satellite radio did cut off a good few times without any reason. No obstractions, no tunnels or trees or buildings. I also start believing that it might be somehow related to sirius xm. I just hope it's going to resolve by itself.

I need to add that I am in Canada.

Hi. My first post here but I have been checking this forum quite often for the past several years. Coincidence or not but the exact same rebooting issue started happening on my Cx9 2022 with nav system. Mazda connect rebooting every 4 to 5 min. It is a brand new car, not even 3 months old so I don't think it is an issue of bad metal contacts on my sd card like it was reported before.

I would like to add that before this issue started happening this evening I noticed that my sirius satellite radio did cut off a good few times without any reason. No obstractions, no tunnels or trees or buildings. I also start believing that it might be somehow related to sirius xm. I just hope it's going to resolve by itself.

I need to add that I am in Canada.
I read on other forums for other manufactures( Porsche, BMW, Etc) some threads about SiriXM radio sent a refresh signal which caused a Navigation system to malfunction. So I think it might be the same case here, hope that it will resolve itself as well.

Just adding to the thread that my 2022 Signature started experiencing the same thing yesterday. While driving cross-country, the Navigation and Radio started rebooting every (6) minutes. Did so (5) times, with my Navigation's 'Destination' remaining intact. Then on the sixth reboot, and every one afterwards (five hours worth, every six minutes), my current and all saved Destinations were lost.

Hoping this resolves itself.................................... Frank

The infotainment in my 2021 had been quite stable until yesterday. I updated the nav about a week ago to the May 2021 release that came out last month and I'm running what I believe is the latest firmware (11040). It rebooted about 6 times within a 30 minute drive while listening to music on a usb flash drive. I tried unplugging my phone after the 3rd time (carplay) but that made no difference. I finally ejected the navigagion SD card which may have stopped it; I only drove for another 10 minutes so I can't be sure.

Just adding to the thread that my 2022 Signature started experiencing the same thing yesterday. While driving cross-country, the Navigation and Radio started rebooting every (6) minutes. Did so (5) times, with my Navigation's 'Destination' remaining intact. Then on the sixth reboot, and every one afterwards (five hours worth, every six minutes), my current and all saved Destinations were lost.

Hoping this resolves itself.................................... Frank
Exactly the same, all my saved point of interests are lost :( I also updated my Navigation SD card to the latest maps (May 2022) which did not resolve the problem. I also have the latest firmware 11040 since my car is 2 weeks old. Hope it will resolve by itself

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I think it has something to do with Sirius Xm traffic and infotainment services. What do you mean by Skynet?

Not familiar with the Terminator series of movies, are you?

I'[l be back.

Ill-be-back.jpg

I have a 2021 Signature and had this problem yesterday a 100 mile trip and it rebooted about 30 times. I didn't see any resolution on this thread yet. My CX-9 is 18 months old and has 30,000 miles. Do you think it's still under any warranty and if not has anyone taken their car to the dealership to get fixed. Any advise would be helpful.

This has to be something with either a bug in the new map update or a sirius xm issue given it is happening to everyone now. Very unusual and its happening on the cx-5 and cx- 9, 2021 and up

I have a 2021 Signature and had this problem yesterday a 100 mile trip and it rebooted about 30 times. I didn't see any resolution on this thread yet. My CX-9 is 18 months old and has 30,000 miles. Do you think it's still under any warranty and if not has anyone taken their car to the dealership to get fixed. Any advise would be helpful.
Did you recently update your maps or cmu software to the latest?

I tested it for nearly 10 minutes today and it did not reboot. Can anybody else confirm? I have to test it longer in the afternoon

The same with me. No more rebooting for at least 20min of driving my car. That was really weird last evening.

I want to point out that I had NOT yet installed the latest map data set (05/22) when this happened to me.

I did use Mazda Update Toolbox to download and install the newest data set today, and I was subsequently reboot-free for a 10 minute drive. I have yet to enter all my 'destinations', and I think I'll wait a day or two before doing so, just to make sure that all is stable once again.

Frank

I had the same issue last night with my '19 Mazda 3 in Canada. Nav was last updated months ago. No reboots today at all in couple hours of driving. Since this has happened to so many people at exactly the same time one can only assume satellite is the culprit.

Had the same issue last night, pull the SD card the issue stop, today Is working fine even with the SD card incerted. my wife was using AA no issues at all,

Back