2016 CX-5 Infotainment Reboot Loop

Still no ETA on a fix from Mazda but the dealership has submitted my vehicle records to Mazda. I would suggest anyone dealing with this problem to call your dealership to get your records submitted as well.

Worse yet, you have to see it keep rebooting.... (my guess).
Correct. I used to get the NPR station but I disconnected my battery in an attempt to solve the issue but now I just get radio static. I think the people that haven't disconnected their batteries still get NPR but nothing else. It's even more annoying when you're driving at night and the screen reboots which does a little flash. I taped over the screen for now.

I have noticed that the screen now displays a image for KUOW now where before there was nothing. So I suppose they added the proper file extension to that file name.

Did any of get anything resolved ?
I experienced the same issues...and the dealer wants $1200 for a new CMU.
Yes. I called a Mazda dealer and they repaired it free of charge (not warranty or anything). Make sure to explain the issue well and that they know this was due to the KUOW bug. Their diagnostic will have to match.

Yes. I called a Mazda dealer and they repaired it free of charge (not warranty or anything). Make sure to explain the issue well and that they know this was due to the KUOW bug. Their diagnostic will have to match.
Wow. KUOW bug and tuning to NPR is the key to a repair free of charge ?
When did you have this performed ? Dealership is telling me no time for repair is available due to chip shortage.

Wow. KUOW bug and tuning to NPR is the key to a repair free of charge ?
When did you have this performed ? Dealership is telling me no time for repair is available due to chip shortage.
Yes, the chip shortage may be the case. I went to Renton Mazda. Know that there are many reasons the Infotainment could loop, so your issue will need to be diagnosed specifically with the correct symptoms for it to be covered.

The initial visit to my local Mazda dealership, where the car was purchased, provided a report where they say the only code they were able to pull up was a U0184:00. When I google this code, it returns with a "Loss Communications with Radio". In summary, the KUOW bug coupled with tuning to NPR radio leading to a constant reboot and diagnostic code of "Loss Communications with Radio" should be enough to have Mazda repair this issue at no charge and move to head of the pack for repairs. I believe the local dealership does not to help due to limited visits to their shop for maintenance even though I express interest in purchasing another CX-5. Right now, we have a football brick as an InfoCenter.

What is a compatible aftermarket system that can be used as replacement ?

The initial visit to my local Mazda dealership, where the car was purchased, provided a report where they say the only code they were able to pull up was a U0184:00. When I google this code, it returns with a "Loss Communications with Radio". In summary, the KUOW bug coupled with tuning to NPR radio leading to a constant reboot and diagnostic code of "Loss Communications with Radio" should be enough to have Mazda repair this issue at no charge and move to head of the pack for repairs. I believe the local dealership does not to help due to limited visits to their shop for maintenance even though I express interest in purchasing another CX-5. Right now, we have a football brick as an InfoCenter.

What is a compatible aftermarket system that can be used as replacement ?
Yeah, Mazda is repairing these systems at no cost and unfortunately it's affected so many people that wait time to get it in for repairs is long. Since creating this initial thread I'm still waiting for the dealership to get me in. Mazda should throw in the Apple Car Play upgrade for free as well because this is so ridiculous.

Hi all,

My Infotainment system started on a reboot loop last week. I tried all the suggested fixes by removing the nav card, hard rebooting the system etc... but no luck. I finally called the dealership to get my car in for service but they mentioned other Mazda owners were reporting the same issue. They told me they were in contact with Mazda and to call back in case there is a recall. Well I called back today and they apparently have tracked down the source of the problem or think they know what it is. It's related to listening to specific radio stations. Mainly NPR that is causing the infotainment to crash. I guess Mazda is scrambling to figure out how to fix it. This is some super wacky stuff but I figured I would relay the message in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I'll post an update once I hear back more from the dealership.
Focus on the problem, not on rumors. Even Mazda USA does not have replacements for the Infotainments nor have they a way for the dealership to support a software upgrade that solves this annoying rebooting, which makes the system worthless.

Focus on the problem, not on rumors. Even Mazda USA does not have replacements for the Infotainments nor have they a way for the dealership to support a software upgrade that solves this annoying rebooting, which makes the system worthless.
I'm having the exact same problem with my 2016 CX5. I tried the reboot but now can only listen to last radio station. I always listen to my phone. This is beyond frustrating. I can't even get into the dealer until March 23!!!!! :LOL: What is going on?

I'm having the same problem. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue listening to KISM Bellingham? 2016 CX5 stuck on KISM and if this is a NPR station? I've had the issue since last summer. I live just across the border in BC.

Back