In the market for a CX-5

Hey guys. I really been appreciating the responses. I've emailed a bunch of dealers in south Florida and only one really gave me a broken down price list. What do you guys think?

Stk# M97000 - Black
MSRP = $35,865
DISCOUNT = $2,865
SELLING $ = $33,000
REBATE = $1,500
DEALER
ACCESSORY = $249 (ZURICH SHEILD)
SALES TAX = $2,117.99
TOTAL CASH OUT THE DOOR = $35,711.74

Stk# M97138 - Deep Blue
MSRP = $36,315
DISCOUNT = $2,915
SELLING $ = $33,400
REBATE = $1,500
DEALER
SALES TAX = $2,141.99
TOTAL CASH OUT THE DOOR = $36,137.14

Stk# M97756 - Soul Red
MSRP = $36,970
DISCOUNT = $2,470
SELLING $ = $34,500
REBATE = $1,500
DEALER
SALES TAX = $2,207.99
TOTAL CASH OUT THE DOOR = $37,307.34

You really don't stare at it that much though. :D
I'm not one of these people that hates it. I think it's fine. It's intuitive and easy to navigate.
I think the hate for it is totally overblown and I've played with the new one in the 3. And love it. But...

I agree. Maybe its just that my 8 year old Acura had no infotainment to speak of that the one in the CX-5 seems nice. Perhaps ignorance is bliss but I really am not going to watch movies on the thing nor am I big on using phone apps. The navigation seems to be perfectly fine so far, Sirius XM works, FM works as does my thumb drive and bluetooth phone connection. What else is it missing? I do agree it can be slow to connect first thing starting up but that really is no big deal for me. Also, I much prefer the knob control to the touch pad in the Acura RDX. In general I prefer to keep driving distractions to a minimum.

Tim

I paid $33,500 OTD, but I saved $1875 in taxes with trade in. So really about $35,375 OTD if no trade in.
But you could add $1000 because trade in was probably about $1000 low.
Fort Worth, Texas

From what I remember, his first CX-5 needed a fuel pump repair or something, and instead of repairing it, he got the dealership to offer a trade value that was acceptable to him given the condition of the vehicle. Then he traded it in for the GT Reserve. This is assuming that CPOs were not available because the 2019s had just dropped earlier in the year.

This is correct. $1500 in repairs were what the bill came out to (I had them pull it a month after t he deal was done). They only knocked $300 off my trade-value that they had agreed to 2 weeks prior to the fuel system failure. Plus $1250 in owner loyalty and rebate. Got the GT-R for $32+ TTL, as I recall, or similar. It really wasn't a bad deal.

You really don't stare at it that much though. :D
I'm not one of these people that hates it. I think it's fine. It's intuitive and easy to navigate.
I think the hate for it is totally overblown and I've played with the new one in the 3. And love it. But...

Agreed, that said, the rear camara is annoying at times. In poorly lit parking-lots it can be pretty grainy. Functional, but you might miss something if there is optical background clutter. I can see backing into a buggy or something as possible.

Agreed, that said, the rear camara is annoying at times. In poorly lit parking-lots it can be pretty grainy. Functional, but you might miss something if there is optical background clutter. I can see backing into a buggy or something as possible.
I still wonder if you could upgrade rear camera for any improvement?

Your OTD price does not include dealer fees for title, registration,etc. Also, Florida dealers are notorious for adding administrative fees. I would call and ask to confirm ANY additional fees that you are obligated to pay.

The Zurich deal as I understand has to be renewed every 3 years. I would ask for the price they are now charging to renew 2106.

If your parents are in FL, especially S. Florida, I would consider a white car. Black with leather is a hot car in the South FL sun. I live in FL.

I still wonder if you could upgrade rear camera for any improvement?

That's an interesting question, although when researching this I was reminded I have yet to adjust my camera using the native controls.

Crutchfield sells a bunch of backup cameras (just the camera itself, not part of a camera/display kit). I don't see anything in the specs that define "quality," only field of vision (in degrees) and how low-light it is. Maybe a call to Crutchfield might answer the question if upgrading this single component would yield an improvement..

That's an interesting question, although when researching this I was reminded I have yet to adjust my camera using the native controls.

Crutchfield sells a bunch of backup cameras (just the camera itself, not part of a camera/display kit). I don't see anything in the specs that define "quality," only field of vision (in degrees) and how low-light it is. Maybe a call to Crutchfield might answer the question if upgrading this single component would yield an improvement..

I did check crutchfield and they didn*t list any that are vehicle specific for Mazda. I*ll have to play with the settings as you suggested and see if that helps.
It*s ok during the day but nighttime and rain make for a poor image.

I did check crutchfield and they didn*t list any that are vehicle specific for Mazda. I*ll have to play with the settings as you suggested and see if that helps.
It*s ok during the day but nighttime and rain make for a poor image.

It's interesting, I looked at various sites and forums, and no one seems to make a high-res aftermarket upgrade for any backup camera. Perhaps there are software limitations.

I agree with the degradation in the rain. They don't seem to be very well protected from getting water on the lenses.

Back