Improvements that are needed on CX-5

Why is there no engine temperature gauge?
Need brighter cargo light too.

The "coolant temp" gauge on all cars that came with it from factory are dummy gauges anyways. By the time it blows past the overheat H line, it's already too late. There is no advantage to having an actual water temp gauge from factory to the simple blue and red coolant light we have now.

Both of these can be sorted with OEM accessories (at least I've seen in the Mazda UK accessories list)... optional footwell/welcome lighting and an LED boot (cargo/trunk) lighting kit.

yes, I'm planning on buying those ebay led lights and wire them up with door switch so it goes on when the doors are open. I'll probably do similar to the trunk area.

I'm going to add one more to my original list.

The auto headlights don't come on in the rain when the wipers are running. Most States require headlights to be on when wipers are running so this should be an automatic thing. The daytime running lights aren't sufficient because they don't light the back lights which are equally as important in a rain storm so you don't get rear ended.

The auto headlights don't come on in the rain when the wipers are running. Most States require headlights to be on when wipers are running so this should be an automatic thing. The daytime running lights aren't sufficient because they don't light the back lights which are equally as important in a rain storm so you don't get rear ended.

100% Agree with you. Huge safety issue.

Alex

Everyone is overlooking something as it relates to the armrest. You can raise or lower the seat until the armrest(it doesn't move) is comfortable

Regarding the Homelink....my buttons do light up on the dealer installed, aftermarket mirror on my 2013 Grand Touring CX 5.9000 miles later and love the car.

First, I want the diesel engine.
It would be nice if they can put lights on the door lock buttons andnon the power window buttons. Also, I would like more power outlets front and back.

No compass (not in mirror or in TomTom) in the GT w/ Tech package. We get the gimped Homelink Mirror instead of the one that has lights on the buttons and a compass. Not sure why they cheaped out here. At least part of the fault here is TomTom, whom evidently removed the compass from the software on the US Mazda because "customers were confused by it displaying on the screen". Why they didn't make it an option for it to display instead is beyond me - utterly ludicrous.

No compass (not in mirror or in TomTom) in the GT w/ Tech package. We get the gimped Homelink Mirror instead of the one that has lights on the buttons and a compass. Not sure why they cheaped out here. At least part of the fault here is TomTom, whom evidently removed the compass from the software on the US Mazda because "customers were confused by it displaying on the screen". Why they didn't make it an option for it to display instead is beyond me - utterly ludicrous.
This is one of the most annoying one by far. Even my '07 flip up navi on my speed6 shows what direction is north.
And it's hard to know where to press at night to open the garage door. Maybe put a glow in the dark sticker over the button? Lol

Reclining rear seats, more lit buttons, courtesy lights/better cargo light and a rear camera that doesn't get blurred from rain would be great. Other than that, it's a solid attractive CUV.

Though that does make sense, I don't know of any cars that have this feature.

Dont have the nav package..but I do have the useless hole on the left side. took me 5 minutes to realize that could have been designed better.
Lights for the windows/locks buttons.
Larger door lock buttons
Key fob should have unlock button at the top, where you thumb hits not the mazda logo. (and note unlock at top - this gets used more as I lock using the door)
better light in the cargo area
center console could have better storage design than just a big tub (clips on underside for papers/registration, separate compartment on top like rav4's
rear wiper should be able to fold out like front ones
radio - why do I need separate button for AM/FM stations? seems like I should be able to save whatever presets I want regardless of the band (i listen to 1 AM & several FM and would be great to switch between them on the wheel)

Though that does make sense, I don't know of any cars that have this feature.

Last three cars I owned had that feature. VW Passat, Peugeot 407 (French pile if crap) and a SAAB 9-3. Perhaps it is a European feature?

They would pick up when the rain sensor demanded constant wiper use, the lights automatically came on.

Was so used to it, that on occasions when there is fog and the lights are needed, I had to turn them on manually, and in one case I had to twiddle several knobs/stalks in order to put on my lights. Note to self, R.T.F.I.

The other point is, being aware the daytime lights are on, it is easy to forget/neglect the fact that there are no rear lights unless you turn them on at the stalk.

Only a minor niggle, but a safety issue nevertheless.

Alex

3) Where's our center console navi control unit? Like the simple iDrive knob available in the Euro market CX-5? I blame fat Americans for this for wanting 1832329 cupholders in a 5 passenger car.

Can that part just be ordered? That would be something I would be willing to consider adding to a US CX5..

I'd imagine it would be quite a task as the entire center console piece needs to be changed along with the addition of the unit itself. I an doubtful we have the wiring/harnesses as well. Not sure if our headunits are preprogrammed to adapt the unit either.

Wouldn't the DRL count as having your headlights on in the rain? especially with my bright white LED's I put in there it looks like the headlights anyways.

Wouldn't the DRL count as having your headlights on in the rain? especially with my bright white LED's I put in there it looks like the headlights anyways.

No, your rear lights aren't on and in heavy rain that's as much or more of a safety issue to keep someone from hitting you as are the front headlights.

Latest posts

Back