I lowered my car and it's uneven Some one please help =-0

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey every one i lowered my car and it's uneven . Some one please help. The driver side rear is much higher and the passenger side rear is much lower. Why is this? Any body know? I did cut my Bump stops evenly but i don't think that's it Could that be why the ride height is Uneven? SOS!(hand)(eyeballs)

Are you sure you seated the top of the rear springs correctly? Lift the rear of the car up and see if you can rotate either side ,before you tear everything apart again

Hey every one i lowered my car and it's uneven . Some one please help. The driver side rear is much higher and the passenger side rear is much lower. Why is this? Any body know? I did cut my Bump stops evenly but i don't think that's it Could that be why the ride height is Uneven? SOS!(hand)(eyeballs)

Are you sure you seated the top of the rear springs correctly? Lift the rear of the car up and see if you can rotate either side ,before you tear everything apart again
Everything is seated pretty solid and the Springs are tight so they dont rotate. My most important question is do i need to use those black cushions that seat on top and bottom of the springs at all ? I think that might be my problem those cushions that sit on the Top of the Springs are to small . What do you think?

Take pictures if you can....... without the wheels on of course. Something is seriously wrong for it to be uneven.

Take pictures if you can....... without the wheels on of course. Something is seriously wrong for it to be uneven.

Yeah your not kidding i figured that but what i think it is, is the Dampers that sit on the top of the coil spring there to small for the New coil springs so it might of settled unevenly. I talked to my brother who is a mechanic and he himself looked at the car and he said that i just have to drive it around for a little bit and let the Springs settle in a little bit so i did that and the back drivers side actually dropped about 1/4 an inch so it is settling a little bit better than before. If it doesnt even out ill post some pics. Thanks for the help.

You should be worried if the car wasn't even and now is..

Are you sure that you were on level ground the first time?

You should be worried if the car wasn't even and now is..

Are you sure that you were on level ground the first time?

It was in my drive way at a little angle but even after there was a a bit of a gap. Im not really that worried anymore because i know that the car has to self adjust which it actually is i took the car for a ride for like an hour and it does ride a little stiff in the front but over all it is a smooth ride and it handles a lot better then before i like the way it handles. Do you think maybe the coil spring Cushions that sit on the top and bottom of the springs are making it sag? The reason i ask is because the Cushions are a little bit smaller on these springs and i really had to squeeze them in there to get them to fit so that's why i think it might be sagging

You could always try keeping a fat chick seated closest to that corner of the car...

Latest posts

Back