I guess I finally did it too + two?!

subspeed6

I shock donuts!
:
2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring
I guess I did it too + two?!

So most of the people know I pulled the trigger on a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. I really wanted to bring it to the Cape Cod meet, but things just didn't work out.

She's a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #2626 and Velocity Red Mica, just like my Mazdaspeed 6, with only 31k on the odometer. The price was right for the mileage and mods, so I pulled the trigger. I have to thank SATimko and Sean for convincing me. The numerous rides in their Miatas convinced me I'd have a lot of fun with it.

Onto the good stuff.....

(pic stolen from seller since I have yet to take any....)
ajxool.jpg

Now while most people suggest not buying an already modded car, I consulted a few people, did extensive internet digging, and made a bunch of phone calls before. Here is what I came up with:

Engine/Performance:
-Hydra Nemesis EMS tuned by Corr Performance
-RC 550cc injectors
-Flyin' Miata Full Intake
-Flyin' Miata Downpipe/Midpipe/Catback Exhaust System
-Flyin' Miata Throttle Body Elbow
-Flyin' Miata MBC @ 12 psi
-Flyin' Miata FMIC
-Go Fast Bits BOV

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
-Tein SS Coilovers
-949 Racing 6UL Nickel Finish 15x9 +36
-Hankook Ventus RS3 225/45/15
-949 Racing Lugs (Black)

Misc.:
-APR Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors (not shown)
-Track Dog Racing Front Lip
-Voodoo Black Polished Shift Knob
-Flyin' Miata Boost Gauge in Single Pod

Current dyno graph: (I called the company that did the tuning and did a background check of the car. Everything came out perfect!)

MIATUR.GIF

Hopefully, I can make the car's debut at Car's and Coffee or Lime Rock Park!

Last edited:
Awesome Chris and congrats!

Looks like the only mod needed is you behind the wheel!

Awesome Chris. Congrats looks very nice. I don't know how you did not say anything yesterday. If it was me I would be coming out of the car yelling like(direct)"I GOT IT, I GOT IT"

Can't wait to see it at Lime Rock. The Three Amigos need a VR MSM photoshoot!

Can't wait to see it at Lime Rock. The Three Amigos need a VR MSM photoshoot!

Quick! Light the Josh symbol! *plays intro music*

So, I took the Miata to get a bath this morning after dropping some stuff off to Luke. She looks amazazazing all cleaned up and prettified (yes that's a word. Southern talk.)

2010-05-02122531-1.jpg

i wanna see it next week.. no excuses.. looks awesome though.. woot!!

NEVRMOC

New England Velocity Red Mica Owners Club -- theres so much red :)

Sorry to drop in on your thread - It looks awesome except for one massive flaw...

The top is up!

Congrats on the buy! I miss my miatas (spelling?) I had a built NA 94 R model and a 10 psi supercharged 1.6. Both were massive fun - I'll have another. Enjoy it!

Sorry to drop in on your thread - It looks awesome except for one massive flaw...

The top is up!

Congrats on the buy! I miss my miatas (spelling?) I had a built NA 94 R model and a 10 psi supercharged 1.6. Both were massive fun - I'll have another. Enjoy it!
took the wors right out of my throat!! looks awesome chirs...can't wait for LRP....sorry but your msm is (second) in my book!! jk...i love those wheels!!! i wanted them sooo bad!

The top is up!

(blah) I was coming in from washing it and I put the top up. The top will always be down when driving. If it's raining I'll just drive faster, right?

took the wors right out of my throat!! looks awesome chirs...can't wait for LRP....sorry but your msm is (first) in my book!! jk...i love those wheels!!! i wanted them sooo bad!

Fixed for accuracy! :p

I drove it around some more today. The suspension is definitely a little on the stiff side. I'll have to play around with it for the next few weeks to find a spot I am comfortable with. The car definitely feels solid going down the road and on highway on ramps. I should have made this purchase sooner!

Last edited:
Glad to see you finally did the grand reveal :)

Chris swore me to secrecy when he bought this thing.

I'd like to think the devil's hopyard cruise in my NA was the last straw that broke his resistance to buying a miata (lol2)

Back