I Finally bought a Miata!

Zelse

:
2004 Mazda RX-8
Alright, I know I'm WAAAAAAY overdue for this thread, so don't kill me. Thanks a million to Jordan for the amazing pictures of he took of Ruby (yes that's her name ;) ) . I've been mostly doing maintenance work and fixing up a lot of problems I've run into with her, but I have replaced a lot of stuff for performance parts too.

Here's what she's got, followed by some purty pictures by Jordan, then a picture I took today at the MA Miata Club Meet.

Engine & Supporting Components
Mazdaspeed Motor Mounts
NGK Sparkplug wires
Monster-Flow Intake with Shield
Removed A/C

Exhaust
Borla Cat-back
Roadster Sport Hi-flow Cat
PowerFlex Polyurethane Hangers

Suspension
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings all around
Flyin' Miata V-Maxx Coilovers with Helper Springs with NB Miata Upper Mounts (112 lb helper springs with 391 lb front and 258 lb rear)
Flyin' Miata Swaybars (1" diameter front and 0.625" diameter rear)
RacingBeat Endlinks

Footwork
15x7.5 +42 6UL wheels in flat black
205/50/15 Toyo R1R tires
GoodRidge SS Brake Lines
Axxis ULT Front Pads

Interior
Voodoo Shift knob in Black
Roadster embroidered floor mats
Alpine Headunit with J&L Component Speakers and a Kenwood Amp

Exterior
Garage Vary Front Lip
Eunos Roadster Badges
"Euro Spec" Headlights
SCCA Spec Miata Tow Hooks powder coated gray

Fluids
Redline 10w40 Motoroil
Redline 75w90 Differential Fluid
MT-90 Transmission Fluid
ATE Superblue Brake Fluid

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 700
  • 2011-07-10_13-43-22_586.jpg
    2011-07-10_13-43-22_586.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5,441
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 4,792
Last edited:
nice seeing you yesterday marc...car looks great! so i'll post something about a dinner meet, see if we can't get some more nepoc'ers out too!

Nice car Marc. You might want to try the Motorcraft synthetic fluid instead of the MT 90.

Thanks everyone. I get the MT-90 for free and I heard a lot of people like it for the NA, and feels great in my RX-8 so I just kind of stuck with it. I'll keep that in mind though Bruce. :)

Sending her off tonight to Ben to do some overhaul to it and fix up some much needed things. Can't wait to drive her after!

you noticed a difference? i need to do my tranny soon

Ran MT90 before and then switched to the MC stuff. Better cold response. There is a thread on Miata.net

Thanks everyone. I get the MT-90 for free and I heard a lot of people like it for the NA, and feels great in my RX-8 so I just kind of stuck with it. I'll keep that in mind though Bruce. :)

Sending her off tonight to Ben to do some overhaul to it and fix up some much needed things. Can't wait to drive her after!

Ah. I don't plan to winter mine again though ;) And someone changed the title of my thread :(

Congrats! Have you done all of the upgrades/mods or did she come with some? Either way, she looks very clean. :)

Thanks! I did all of the upgrades/mods/etc except for the speakers, headunit, and catback exhaust. All of the restoration (which she needed a lot of and still needs more) and modifications were done by either myself or some buddies and I. :D

Back