i cant roll stock....wheels, tires, lowering, and.....plasti dip?

ha sorry man, i didn't realize that there were 2 additional pages after that post you made...either way, megans will be fine for normal street use...and i'd say no problem with letting them wear out the stock struts before upgrading, if you're not into tracking or anything...

I went ahead with tein s-tech springs. They got better reviews from various cars, plus my dad's got them in his maxima and its sitting pretty right now. I won't be tracking the car anytime soon though haha, not enough power.

that plastic has been removed for ages. I added the sound proofing to the outside panel and inside panel when i did it the first time, used plexi to cover the huge voids and added the sound proofing over those as well. I have very solid doors.

I think I might try the moldings this weekend. Did you just heat them up and pry them off or what? I don't want to mess anything up too bad. And I plan to eventually sound proof all of my doors. But before I do that my door locking mechanism is broken and makes a terrible sound, so that's has to be fixed. It irks me.

I went ahead with tein s-tech springs. They got better reviews from various cars, plus my dad's got them in his maxima and its sitting pretty right now. I won't be tracking the car anytime soon though haha, not enough power.

I think I might try the moldings this weekend. Did you just heat them up and pry them off or what? I don't want to mess anything up too bad. And I plan to eventually sound proof all of my doors. But before I do that my door locking mechanism is broken and makes a terrible sound, so that's has to be fixed. It irks me.

warm day and pulled them off with my hands, used some goo gone and then i clayed/detailed the car to make sure it was clean.(bit OCD)

You didn't need a knife or a small screwdriver to get it started? And would a strong hairdryer/heatgun help at all?

ok, just took off the door moldings. i used a piece of heavy fishing line, ran it between the molding and the door and it simply came off leaving the adhesive on the door.

now let me save you at least an hours work..... DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH OTHER PRODUCTS. i tried goo-b-gone, mineral spirits, gas, and "ops".....none worked very well. THE BEST was 3M adhesive remover. let it soak and it just eats away the adhesive, leaving a jelly like substance.

so after i took it off, got the glue off, i noticed a ring around where the molding was. Since it was on there since 2002, it was expected. si i took some compound and a buffer and got started.....unfortunately, this is how it turned out....

it has a very noticeable difference in color. for some reason the paint that was under the molding, is lighter then the rest of the car. so i dont know what to do now...luckaly i saved the moldings because i might have to put them back on...

the only saving grace is you cant really notice it from a distance, or up close for that matter. But i can tell, and im not to happy about it.....any suggestions?

I have no idea besides repainting it. I took off the molding today and closed the door. Put the molding right back on haha. It made it sound like such a cheap car.

Exactly what I was saying before....like a tin can...damn it, it looks so clean without them though

It sounded absolutely horrible. I'm not taking them off till I have sound deadener covering that panel haha

hummmm....maybe when i take the dip off the wheels, and they're black again the line could work. my "roof molding" just arrived....so ill be putting that on shortly.

found pics of my old msp and mighty max.....dont hate on the truck, it was in my "fast and furious" days...

Attachments

• 2010-11-16 10.41.49(2).jpg
    2010-11-16 10.41.49(2).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 156
  • msp22.JPG
    msp22.JPG
    940.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 090409_1724[00].jpg
    090409_1724[00].jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 159
ive been out for a little, figure I would update the thread. picked up a CF hood "evo style" for $40.00, then decided I didn't like the white with all of the black accents that are being added.

so then I took off the plasti-dip and gave her a bath. I really need to paint the headlight housings and black out the mazda emblem...

what do you guys think?

Back