i cant roll stock....wheels, tires, lowering, and.....plasti dip?

blkspdfreak

:
03 black msp and silver p5
i haven't been on here in a while due to selling my msp, but im back to modding....i have a silver p5, all stock. tomorrow it gets wheels, tires, a lowering, and some plasti dip....possibly some other gifts depending on time...the wheels are kobe cam 5's, 17's and they are black, but im dipping them white.....because i want to (cheers2) there's way to many silver / black combo's rolling around.... ill post before and afters. stand-by for updates!

ok....long day but...Megan racing springs installed, new tires (nexen 5000's), plasti-dipped the old wheels from black to white ( longer process than i thought), painted rear bumper, msp axel-back, installed the head unit, amp, and 12 inch sub, and painted the calipers....found out my front control arms are shot, so those are next.on to pictures...

on the way to the shop

mounted new tires and cleaned wheels...this was the first coat

installed the springs, painted the calipers, and mounted the wheels. this is how the front sits (im aware im missing a lug nut, the stud needs to be replaced.)

rear fitment. i had 35mm spacers but it was rubbing bad, so out they went..

that ass....haha. painted the bumper, and installed the axel-back..i need to fix the ass sag.

and this is how she sits as of now. pretty level, im happy with it.

not bad for a daily...

if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. plasti dip is a great product, ive never used it before this and im completely satisfied. ill keep you guys updated on how well it holds up on these horrible florida roads (sarcasm)...the axel back is nice and deep, not to loud and annoying. the Megan springs werent that bad as far as installing, they are stiff though, so next few days will be somewhat of a test for them. Thanks for looking, and drive safe!

That's a hell of a productive day! looks great! I plan on dipping my wheels soon too.

ok....well my buddy talked me into taking off the roof rack.....holy s*** i should of looked up the "how to" first because it was waaaaay more in depth than we thought....well, hard work paid off and she is cleeeeean looking now....

then i have my co-pilot....THATS RIGHT, JOHNNY CHIMPO!!! HAHAHA.....(favorite "mod" so far)

so now, this is how she sits....i do believe double limo tint is in order next...Fla sun can be BRUTAL...thoughts?

Looks really good man. Bet its a lot quieter driving without the rack! Have you thought about blacking out the badges and the front grill? I think that would look good.

I was thinking about debadging it, but being that I painted the lower bumper black, it might match well.

wow really nice work, really liking the rims :)

I dipped mines for white too for winter, held up great through salt and all sorts of winter weather in Toronto, just keep it clean and don't let the dirt build up too long.

Can you update us on the Megan springs? I was looking into it but crossed it off the list after looking at the spring rates, plus i'm on 17s which would make it much more harsh

well for the few days ive had them, i can confirm they are stiff. i have 17's with 205/40's on, and its not bad. if your going for looks on a Daily Driver then these are great for the price. ride hight is good,not to high, not to low. as far as handeling goes, ive only driven it to get my son from school, and back and forth to the shop. i dont plan on tracking the car, so no real agressive driving review from me would be worth anything.

As far as bad reviews, when i looked into them, a lot of the wrx community seemed to be buying them and complaining about the track performance. some of the civic boys said they werent low enough blah blah blah but that was expected. i have no problems, so far. give it a few and i'll see how the springs settle.

hummmm...the pressure. are you going to use the stock struts? is300 guys are running tokico struts and megans and love it. you can probably pick up a set from a msp through here. on ebay, megans are going for $150, Teins around $180. it's only $30 diff if you doubt the megans.

my msp had the Eibach kit on the tokicos and i loved it. are you looking for comfort or looks? just agressive or do you want to slam it? its hard to get both comfort and performance. there's always bags, or coil-overs depending on which direction you go.

I'd be doing just the springs right now with stock struts. I'd probably go with the blue's struts later. I think I'd rather go lowered and aggressive. I've just heard the megans are a bit bouncy is all.

this is how it is sitting right now. still a stiff ride, but im cool with it.

front wheel: i can still fit a finger in there which is fine. i was not wanting to go all hellaflush and slam it. (the wheels are a little dirty from the rain yesterday)

Back