i cant roll stock....wheels, tires, lowering, and.....plasti dip?

well i did the badges on the back.....dont know how i feel about them..they might be coming off completely.

might as well man, its only like $30 more. i got the megans for practically free, otherwise i would of gone with the eibachs

cars looking great so far. IMO the back of our cars look so much better shaved and nice and smooth.

are there "guide holes" that need to be filled, or can you just pull them off of the adhesive? and how much of a pain was taking off your side moldings? your s**** clean too man, good job.

are there "guide holes" that need to be filled, or can you just pull them off of the adhesive? and how much of a pain was taking off your side moldings? your s**** clean too man, good job.

thanks,

there are 2 pins per badge, to do it properly you have to get them welded shut and respray the hatch. side moldings were a joke on a nice warm day, bit of residue is left over after but nothing goo-gone and a good clay wont get rid of after.(similar to your vinyl)

good to know, side moldings are probably going to get done. i dont see myself taking the badges off any time soon unless i have to get the whole car painted for some reason. when you close the doors, do they sound really hollow? my msp sounded like a tin can because of it not having them on. i think the moldings kind of reenforce the doors as far as sound deadening goes. it does look clean though.

well i did the badges on the back.....dont know how i feel about them..they might be coming off completely.

4BSa4GD.jpg

I think all of the doors sound hollow when you close them, which sucks. I put a bunch of sound deadener on my trunk lid though, and when I close that, it sounds like a mercedes door.

good to know, side moldings are probably going to get done. i dont see myself taking the badges off any time soon unless i have to get the whole car painted for some reason. when you close the doors, do they sound really hollow? my msp sounded like a tin can because of it not having them on. i think the moldings kind of reenforce the doors as far as sound deadening goes. it does look clean though.

my doors are full of soundproofing so I'm not sure if they sound hollow when you remove the molding. Ill be removing the soundproofing shortly but IMO the look of a car without molding compared to moldings ill live with a hollow sound if needed.

my doors are full of soundproofing so I'm not sure if they sound hollow when you remove the molding. Ill be removing the soundproofing shortly but IMO the look of a car without molding compared to moldings ill live with a hollow sound if needed.

Did you take of that plastic sheet inside the panel to put on the sound proofing?

^bouncy is mostly a function of the dampers...more specifically, high spring rates (stiffer springs) with little damping (soft struts i.e. stock)...creates the noticeable bounce...

for performance purposes, suspension travel is still very important...but the kind of infamous 'bounce' usually comes from owners who just lower the car (and nearly any lowering spring is inherently stiffer to limit travel) with stock'ish struts/shocks...

so, just clarifying...you'll have the bounce from the stock struts, not upgraded springs...when you eventually purchase struts with higher compression values...the two parts will be much happier together...

That makes sense, thank you.

ha sorry man, i didn't realize that there were 2 additional pages after that post you made...either way, megans will be fine for normal street use...and i'd say no problem with letting them wear out the stock struts before upgrading, if you're not into tracking or anything...

Did you take of that plastic sheet inside the panel to put on the sound proofing?

that plastic has been removed for ages. I added the sound proofing to the outside panel and inside panel when i did it the first time, used plexi to cover the huge voids and added the sound proofing over those as well. I have very solid doors.

Back