Huge Discount For 2017 Mazda 6

The Mazda6 is in need of a refresh and has fewer and fewer selling points now. It has better exterior styling than the Camry, that's for sure. Better driving dynamics too, although not by a large margin anymore. The new 2018 Camry SE and XSE are supposedly good handling, fun to drive cars. And the new Camry has it beat in so many other areas besides reputation.

The Mazda6 is in need of a refresh and has fewer and fewer selling points now. It has better exterior styling than the Camry, that's for sure. Better driving dynamics too, although not by a large margin anymore. The new 2018 Camry SE and XSE are supposedly good handling, fun to drive cars. And the new Camry has it beat in so many other areas besides reputation.

I agree...

The Camrys 2.5L puts out 206hp,and is also available with a 301hp V6. Imagine that...The 6 is the best looking in the class by far,but I wouldn't buy one if it was given to me at a major discount because like stated,it only leads in looks,and lags behind in everything else (handling is a toss up as stated).

This just isn't enough to attract new buyers,unfortunately...

One can make an argument that there are good or better alternatives out there, but if you're speaking about Mazda specifically, their vehicles offer no significant advantage over Toyota or Honda in pricing, features, power or reliability so why bother? People will just go with what a vehicle which they know will give them many years of reliability and not take a gamble.

I've asked you this before, and you have refused to answer every time.
Why do you have such a hate on for Mazda? Please explain.
You continue to contribute absolutely nothing to this forum, so why bother everybody?

Lastly, you continue to beat this car play/AA thing to death. Please stop.
If it was that important to car buyers, then why does Toyota still sell so many cars?
Are you a member on their forums as well, constantly reminding them everyday that Toyota is crap because they don't offer it? Thought so.

Repost from probably wrong thread but i want to post this in every thread because its so obviously needed to spur future growth and bolster resale...

So what else would help Mazda grow? Better resale, give ppl more long term confidence in products. If they want to sell more cars (or should i say suvs) here beefing up that warranty and making sure people know about it would be a good start wouldn't it? Money, but money well spent i think:
4/50 b2b
6/70 powertrain or up to 4 unlimited for power users

Repost from probably wrong thread but i want to post this in every thread because its so obviously needed to spur future growth and bolster resale...

So what else would help Mazda grow? Better resale, give ppl more long term confidence in products. If they want to sell more cars (or should i say suvs) here beefing up that warranty and making sure people know about it would be a good start wouldn't it? Money, but money well spent i think:
4/50 b2b
6/70 powertrain or up to 4 unlimited for power users

If you wanna talk warranty to steal customers,they need to match,or better yet exceed the Kia warranty. Mazda is a better car,but folks are buying the Kia for the warranty alone. Well,that and Kia's marketing and advertisement is ten folds better than Mazda. I probably see 100 to 1 (even more honestly),of local and national Kia commercials to Mazda...

If you wanna talk warranty to steal customers,they need to match,or better yet exceed the Kia warranty. Mazda is a better car,but folks are buying the Kia for the warranty alone. Well,that and Kia's marketing and advertisement is ten folds better than Mazda. I probably see 100 to 1 (even more honestly),of local and national Kia commercials to Mazda...

Kia Hyundai warranty looks good on paper. Last two words are important.

On other news - Honda Type R gear issue is really heating up. Seems like a lawsuit is on the cards. For those who do not know - Honda's manual transmissions had an issue starting from 2000's - few people switched to different tranny fluids to get rid of it. Honda sat quiet on it and finally released TSB in 2008 when many of its cars were out of warranty, most of the models were low volume though - Acura's Manual Civic Si's.
This is where Mazda so far imo has been great - all companies mess up but if it does not act snobbish and help soon it will help the reputation. I like how prompt dealers are to correct an issue and fix stuff without giving customers a runabout - Headlights and the batch of Transmissions come to mind.

Mazda is a better car I think (haven't driven a Stinger yet tho:)) but I don't think they need to outdo Kia's warranty I think they should move upscale and try pick off Acura/Infiniti/Lexus and even some BMW/Audi buyers. Dealership facility and experience will also need to be seriously addressed for this move to get any real legs.

I swear people still think wagons look like:

70%20Ford%20Country%20Squire%20StaWgn%20RtSd%20ws.jpg

18ncyvx9d1kt9jpg.jpg

Nice memories with the top picture. It was my first vehicle here in USA, Ford Country Square 1976. My second one was a Ford Fairmont 1978. For me those were and are wagons!![emoji23][emoji23]

Kia Hyundai warranty looks good on paper. Last two words are important.

On other news - Honda Type R gear issue is really heating up. Seems like a lawsuit is on the cards. For those who do not know - Honda's manual transmissions had an issue starting from 2000's - few people switched to different tranny fluids to get rid of it. Honda sat quiet on it and finally released TSB in 2008 when many of its cars were out of warranty, most of the models were low volume though - Acura's Manual Civic Si's.
This is where Mazda so far imo has been great - all companies mess up but if it does not act snobbish and help soon it will help the reputation. I like how prompt dealers are to correct an issue and fix stuff without giving customers a runabout - Headlights and the batch of Transmissions come to mind.

Good point. Mazda in the US at least has been good in resolving warranty work. Also too is how supportive this forum is on helping folks get advice on warranty stuff.

Mazda is a better car I think (haven't driven a Stinger yet tho:)) but I don't think they need to outdo Kia's warranty I think they should move upscale and try pick off Acura/Infiniti/Lexus and even some BMW/Audi buyers. Dealership facility and experience will also need to be seriously addressed for this move to get any real legs.

I hope they do,just like I hope they find another 100+ hp,because they're gonna need it in that category...

They aren’t going to pick off BMW buyers unless they begin to offer RWD and an Inline 6.

I'd love to see what percentage of 3s that leave the lot have inline 6s these days..and RWD? Dude they're like unicorns now, ordered cars, mostly irrelevant tho i hate to say it. All Mazda needs is the 2.5t in an awd 6 which they can easily do. How does that not rival the current 330i while undercutting it by 10k comparably equipped...I'd be intrigued.

Last edited:
Hilarious some people think adding the 2.5T and AWD to the 6 is going to somehow make it competitive. It's already competing with a newly released Accord and Camry, both of which offer engines that exceed the power of the 2.5T and better transmissions. Adding AWD won't help either. Add to the fact that it's in a declining segment, pretty obvious why Mazda hasn't made any major changes with this vehicle. The investment/return on the 6 probably isn't worth it. Even with big discounts it's still not selling. They're better off focusing their limited resources on the Mazda3 and CX-5.

Honda and Toyota can make the investment in the Accord and Camry because these 2 vehicles are the class leaders in the segment.

Last edited:
Selling 300hp fwds aggressively and Toyota won't sell many either..mazda has 6 awd in other markets i have little doubt they'd nearly double sales in NA if they put awd and the 2.5t on the option sheet. Snow isn't the only reason awd is attractive assuming you've heard of torque steer. No? You don't want it, it sucks.

Yeah my stick TL (that had LSD) was my 1 year engagement with a sporty powerful fwd..failed in fun, failed in snow..I'd much rather oversteer.

Hilarious some people think adding the 2.5T and AWD to the 6 is going to somehow make it competitive. It's already competing with a newly released Accord and Camry, both of which offer engines that exceed the power of the 2.5T and better transmissions. Adding AWD won't help either. Add to the fact that it's in a declining segment, pretty obvious why Mazda hasn't made any major changes with this vehicle. The investment/return on the 6 probably isn't worth it. Even with big discounts it's still not selling. They're better off focusing their limited resources on the Mazda3 and CX-5.

Honda and Toyota can make the investment in the Accord and Camry because these 2 vehicles are the class leaders in the segment.

Totally agree,minus transmissions (maybe)

Back