How To: Shaving Side Moldings.

I'm right there with you, I don't mind walking so sometimes I'll park way out in the empty back section of a lot, no cars within 200 feet, and I ALWAYS return to find some sheep parked beside me.

Kamikaze Kracka said:
I take it the ugly-arse orange reflector on the front bumper can't be shaved off? Would be nice if so.

no, the front bumper is plastic and the hole behind the reflector is about a one inch square. Only way to shave it involves plastic welding, body filler, and re painting.

I went to Home Depot and Wal-Mart today to look for that 3M stuff and neither of the stores carried it. All Wal-Mart had was Goo Off and Oops. Will Oops work or should I not use it?

Snacks McGee said:
I went to Home Depot and Wal-Mart today to look for that 3M stuff and neither of the stores carried it. All Wal-Mart had was Goo Off and Oops. Will Oops work or should I not use it?

I would suggets against it, if they sell other 3m products just give them the part number and they can get it for you,

i used welding wire and an "Eraser" and had my molding and the glue off in about 20 minutes love it now.
to equinox and kracka, you can shave the side markers. i did it and it looks so much smoother now. ill post a pic if you all want

i think i'm the most game of you all!!!

i just used a paint scraper to do mine, 99 model in boring white... absolultley no paint differences there, so i'm stoked...

just got it down to nearly nothing, and then just used kitten cut and polish to remove the rest of the goop... trick is to let the polish harden up a bit before buffing it back...

after that i waxed it nicely with my favourite meguirs gold class, looks a million bucks now!!

IMHO the bump strips needed to be higher to protect properly, but anyway, if i get damage in that area, i'll just put the bump strip back on to cover the damage...

if your higly fearful of your self opening your door on someone else, these strips won't help much... get a strip placed on the back edge of your door if you often end up being designated driver!!

Just showing everyone what i did. A mod not too noticeable to everyone else, but looks good to me. Thanks for the info.

fa6e34bb.jpg

ahb11m said:
where did you get those indicators from??? and do they work?

looks like he used that indicator light smoker stuff on it.. kind of like a spray-on tint

Finally shaved my side moldings today using some of the tips I could find on this thread. I ended up using a spray can of 3M adhesive & wax remover and a plastic card. It didn't took me long to remove all the moldings and the results were great. It looks clean without the moldings.(2thumbs)

talkin about shaving my shoaver blades need to be replaced...

ards said:
Finally shaved my side moldings today using some of the tips I could find on this thread. I ended up using a spray can of 3M adhesive & wax remover and a plastic card. It didn't took me long to remove all the moldings and the results were great. It looks clean without the moldings.(2thumbs)

Congrats, I feel like I helped, and I didn't, awesome! hah

Back