HOW TO: Indepandant fogs without running a wire through the firewall

The fogs in the OP are the OEM ones.

The wiring for 3's with HIDs (i.e. GT trim) is different, so no it won't work. There are other ways to do it which involve running a wire through the firewall and changing what the stock fog relay is plugged into. It's completely reversible. I'd post a link but we can't link to off-forum sites.

Can someone PM me the link?

Well this mod works great, good instructions, but I gotta say, it's a huge pain in the ass. Or actually, pain in the back. Trying to contort into the shapes necessary to work in that footwell area put my in a world of pain and resulted in strings of expletives. Took about an hour. Should be easy, but it's just so cramped and awkward. Even getting the tape off the wires to access them is difficult.

great instructions! i did this in about an hour. one thing to be careful of is to not just cut the first red and black or orange and blue wire you see. follow the directions to a T. thanks for the how to.

okay, so i have had this for a few days. went to use my AUX on my car and its not working. anyone else had this happen? how to fix it? help appreciated.

My Aux is working fine. Seems odd that it would affect the Aux. I could see if it a wrong wire was cut and the whole stereo or a speaker didn't work, but just the Aux sounds like an unrelated isue to me. But that's just a guess.

Last edited:
hmm, thanks, i will try disconnecting the battery again. i only cut the wires that i was told too, thats whats weird. most likely unrelated.

yeah i did the first one and it didnt work cuz mine was an 05, so i did the tap off the fuse box like jam_asian except i just ran the wire throught the firewall so the lights turn off with the power.

so with all these posts bout can do and cant do to do gt model.. at the end can we or can we not?? if we can imma do it tommoro for my gt spd3...

man that was some hard work for a 6ft 1 guy like me but, decided to do it today and guess what guys IT WORKS ON THE GT MODELS ALSO... so whoever is wondering
if it works or not on the gt model well im telling you now that it does...!!!just follow all these steps and you shouldn't have a problem..!! THANKS....

Wouldn't it work by just splicing the fog light wire into another under the dash instead? Wire the fog light with another wire that is "on" when ever the car is not just when the head lights are on?

Latest posts

Back