HOW TO: Indepandant fogs without running a wire through the firewall

A couple questions where did you guys get your actual fog lights from? Which ones did you get? One more what does it take to get the light in the slots? Thanks for any info.

A couple questions where did you guys get your actual fog lights from? Which ones did you get? One more what does it take to get the light in the slots? Thanks for any info.

The fogs in the OP are the OEM ones.

element said:
So this will not work on the GT? Anyways to do the independent fogs on a GT?

The wiring for 3's with HIDs (i.e. GT trim) is different, so no it won't work. There are other ways to do it which involve running a wire through the firewall and changing what the stock fog relay is plugged into. It's completely reversible. I'd post a link but we can't link to off-forum sites.

I just finished doin this to my baby and im lovin it. cant wait to get my 3k hids tomorrow to see how they look. and yes this does work with the GTs. i looked at all the wires befor trying it and they are the same. great wright up. madd props. i was a lil nervous at first, had the thought of messin up my fogs in the back of my head. but it came out perfect.

jam asian85 .... I was thinking of trying out the independent fog light mod you posted with just running the wire through the fuse box under the hood next to the battery, and was wondering how big a fuse I shoudl use....u think 10 amps is good? or should I run 15? or 5?

nevermind, I just took the chance with the 10amp fuse and hooked it up, took 5 minutes to connect the wires and stuff to the in-line fuse holder and spade clips, but other than that, such a cinch. Picks will be up tomorrow once I find my camera......

oh and btw, I drive a 3s sedan touring, so I dunno about the whole gt thing, but for non-gt, I guess it works just fine.

hey guys, just did the mod yesterday, and here are the pics...granted they are during the day, so I had to play with the contrast to really get the angel eyes to shine, but at night time it looks sick!!

Also, here is the wiring I did, again, super easy to do...

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 283
  • ID Fog wiring.jpg
    ID Fog wiring.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 394
you turn the car off and 7-9 seconds later, the fogs turn off...it's kinda cool, like the "courtesy lights" thing that is on audi's and bmw's

yeah, so when I turn the key to ACC or whatever, right before you the engine starts to turn over, they will turn on. It's really kinda cool. I've been enjoying them this way, especially since I have the angel eyes too... now I need to go get HID fogs in like 3000k would be nice and have them as my daytime running lights...

Back