How to check Navigation map version on 2016.5 CX-5?

:
Canada
:
2016.5 CX-5 GS
Does anyone know how to check for the Navigation map version on a 2016.5 CX-5, without pulling the SD card?

So, seems there is no way to check map version on the navigation system itself? At least not on a 2016.5 CX-5?

If it is a "Alibabbafakekukkuk" card i don´t know if that is the outcome,;) but if it is original Mazda card, then visit a dealer for coffee and instruction. :)

My post #12.
Need to pull the card and plug it into your laptop or PC.

Last edited:
Don't go thru Mazda Toolbox.
Plug it in as a SD card. Open the folder... follow my instructions (post #12).
:)

Don't go thru Mazda Toolbox.
Plug it in as a SD card. Open the folder... follow my instructions (post #12).
:)
Thank you. Just put it back in today. Will pull it out again, in the next couple of days, to check it.

If you press "I" in menu, and then select "about" you get map version as picture in the link.
I just checked my car (2017 M6), and the map version does not show on the screen either. Lots of other crap, but not the map version.

I just checked my car (2017 M6), and the map version does not show on the screen either. Lots of other crap, but not the map version.
Exactly what I went thru also with the prev-gen system.
You need to go thru the file folders as I explained in my post #12 to find the version.

With the new system, it is right there on the display.

So, I went ahead last night and updated my nav card. The map version shows up when you plug in your sd card into your computer. I was one version behind. It updated to the Feb 2023 map with no problems.

I did not know I had 3 years of updates available until it was almost over. Paid for updates and then had to buy a new Windoze PC because "Toolbox" quit working on Win7. Dang it!! Swore not to do that! (NB, win11 is worse than Scroogle Android for intrusion, spying and reporting.)

Updated yesterday, 2022Q2.

Back