How To: Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Install

I have the blue wire on the guage going to the pink and blue wire on the ECU and now i need to find and good ground and good power source. Any ideas?

I just finished the install. I put the red wire to the oraange ignition wire at the same place I used for the Turbo Timer. I also used the ground that is on the pillar. Didn't work right. So I pulled it of the ECU and whent to the front O2 and took it off the pink w/ blue strip wire there and it works fine. The wire isnt the same. I changes colors somewhere. I have no idea what that ECU wire goes to.

Last edited:
bump for picture updates please!

Just got my gauges from corwin (THANKS CORWIN!!!)

Need know where to tap for a boost gauge..

and the ecu pic would be helpfull too. I might just work up the nerve and go out right now and do it myself.. and I'll take pics.

The A/F wire is easy to identify because at the ECU it's the covered with foil. The Plate that holds the ECU is very sharp...

Boost is taken on the line that runs form top of the intake manifold over to the passenger side (Curise Control Module).

Cut and tap a "T" fiting in.

Thank you. T fitting? Where would I find that? Any auto parts store?

Plastic? Brass?

Plastic, It's for a Vac Line...

th_wd.gif

To hook it into your Autometer, use the supplied brass fitting and the teflon line. Hook a standard vacume line over the teflon line and to the "Tee"

Brian MP5T said:
Plastic, It's for a Vac Line...

th_wd.gif

To hook it into your Autometer, use the supplied brass fitting and the teflon line. Hook a standard vacume line over the teflon line and to the "Tee"
Didnt come with one.. bought mine from Corwin. Pretty much just gauges, metal gauge holder thing.. and wires wrapped around it all. No vac lines or 'T' fittings. Guess I cant install it now. Gonna have to go shopping tomorrow.

need some help!!!!

Hey how are ya man well i want to install an air/fuel ratio gauge i tried to find the o2 sensor but it seems that my car doesn't havethem cause here in santo domingo there is no pollution restrict so i just have to go to the ecu i got some pics of it and tried the pink bule wirte one but nothing and also how to count the pin so u can see the pin #60 thanks.
LinuxRacr said:
At the request of many members, here is a little how-to on installing the A/F Ratio Gauge.

Helpful Items for install:

*Protege Wireing Diagram book for you year
*10 mm deep socket with extentions
*3M Electrical splices AWG 14-18(no ghetto wire twisting or you will regret it later!)
*Assorted Bute Connectors AWG 14-18
*Loop Anchor connector AWG 14-18

1. There are 2 spots where you can splice into the signal wire for the 1st O2 sensor:
-At the 1st O2 connector Harness under the hood
-At the 1st O2 connector Harness at the ECU

Pick a place. If you splice in at the ECU, the wire you need is coming from ECU PIN # 60. This is the signal wire. It is a Pink Wire with a Blue stripe (P/L).
The ECU is located on the passengerside, under the carpet. You will need to remove the doorsill, and the passengerside kick pannel to pull back the carpet. The ECU aluminum cover plate will then be visible. This is where you will need the 10mm socket, as there are 4 nuts holding it in place. After removing the nuts, you will need to flip the metal cover over. I advise use of leather gloves, or a cloth to handle the edges of the cover. THEY WILL CUT YOU!! After fliping over the cover, the ECU will be visible. The ECU harness connector has a bolt holding it to the ECU. Time for the 10mm socket again. Looking at the top of the ECU harness connector, you can see that the pin holes are numbered. Find wire number 60 and splice in there.

Here is a picture of the location of the ECU:
082602_ecu.jpg

Here are some pictures of where I spliced into my 1st O2 sensor to give you an Idea of the underhood location:
1st%20o2%20sensor.jpg

blue-pink%20on%20harness%20tapped.jpg

And here is the entire album:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/linuxracr/lst?.dir=/A-Pillar+Shots&.view=t

To hook to the gauge itself, you will have to route through the firewall on the driver's side.

The A/F gauge itself usually has a positive (+) 12v wire, a ground (-), and the signal wire (that goes to pin #60). Find a suitable +12v source of ignition so that when you turn the ket to on, the gauge comes on. Anchor the ground (-) wire to chassis ground. In other words, find a screw going through the metal body of the car under the carpet under the driver's side kick panel, and ground it there with a loop anchor connector. The signal wire connection has already been discussed above. I hope all this helps!!

Attachments

• DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC00695.JPG
    DSC00695.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC00699.JPG
    DSC00699.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC00700.JPG
    DSC00700.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC00701.JPG
    DSC00701.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 345
nadim said:
Hey how are ya man well i want to install an air/fuel ratio gauge i tried to find the o2 sensor but it seems that my car doesn't havethem cause here in santo domingo there is no pollution restrict so i just have to go to the ecu i got some pics of it and tried the pink bule wirte one but nothing and also how to count the pin so u can see the pin #60 thanks.

Ummm, the O2 has nothing to do with polution control. Your Car Has 2 Of them for sure...

dude i think he is refering to emissions. maybe their cars do not use o2 sensors. its weird though

how to caunt the pins to #60!!!

dominoy2k1 said:
dude i think he is refering to emissions. maybe their cars do not use o2 sensors. its weird though
from where to begin counting thanks!!!! or how to know which is pin #60

The blue/pink wire is real easy to get to on the o2 sensor. I would assume the wire is blue/pink on the ecu also.

poboxjosh said:
The blue/pink wire is real easy to get to on the o2 sensor. I would assume the wire is blue/pink on the ecu also.
well i will have to try it but i was afraid to do something wrong i was thinking to try each wire in the ecu to see but would that affect the gauge or something?!?!?

it should show numbers on the ends of the wiring harness. . it should be like 1-40,41-80/81-120. something like that. check the picture.

Attachments

• modifiedecu.jpg
    modifiedecu.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 270
Back