How To: 1st Grounding Kit for MSP

both of my 17mm bolts from my motor mount are cross threaded from back when i was putting in inserts, so removing them isnt an option for me, is that an alternate grounding point that i can use? Also does anyone have another picture of the positive monster battery terminal? Mine dosnt have a location where I could screw in the 2 extra wires, not just the top portion.

PlatinumMSP said:
Also does anyone have another picture of the positive monster battery terminal? Mine dosnt have a location where I could screw in the 2 extra wires, not just the top portion.

i recently had trouble with this too. from what i gather, monster doesn't make the positive terminal with the 2 holes on the side anymore, only the top mount. i got kinda lucky, my local stereo shop had a monster display plaque thing with fuse holder, distribution block and fortunately for me, that particular terminal, i convinced them to take it off, sell it to me and swap it out with a new(lame) one. i do believe they are not hard to get on ebay though, i'm pretty sure while i was looking, i saw a few for pretty cheap.

if i just bought some 8 guage terminals and put it with my *new version* positive monster terminal would that work just fine?

i imagine they would work just fine. the only problem i could forsee is that the bolt on top of the terminal is not all that long, so if you have a bunch stacked on top, it might only be on by a couple threads.

my wire terminals ended up not fitting over the 17mm bolt on the left side of engine where the stock wire was. i just bolted the new wire at another location near the old one. anyone see a problem with this?

Thats what I did. I just followed the mounting points and measured to get an appox length in cable I needed to order. I don't remember the length I ordered tho. For me, it was hard to find a ring terminal large enuf to fit the stock location by the passenger side engine mount

im just trying to make sure ihave everything i need to do grounding kit becuz i dont want to be running around for parts when i start

Back