HKPRO5's Supercharger Build Thread

While I was driving home tonight from dinner I got a loud pop from the exhaust and then a flashing cel. =(

The two problems that I noticed were that there was a vac leak from the SSAFC and I needed the oring from the injectors. Could that have been the problem? I hope I didnt break anything. It was a good thing I was right around the corner from my house. I turned it off and coasted to the drive way.

So tomorrow first thing, hit up checkers and get those parts that I need. And get them replaced. Also get the cel checked out. Man. I thought everything went well this morning.

OK switched to the oem injectors and everything runs fine. I might hold off on the injectors till I need them.

You must have got a really wicked backfire or something. Those injectors should not be used until you need them just like you said. The ssafc is also good for adding fuel but does not do s*** for taking it away. Leave those stock ones on for now. Oh and MAKE SURE that your orings are good on your 440's before you use them. One tiny little spark and s*** goes haywire if you have a fuel leak. I don't wanna see that happen to such a nice P5.

haha thanks

Yea I have the other injectors back in with good orings. I used motor oil to lube them up before putting them in. I should have done research on how to do it before I started.

The AFC was easy to put in though. lol

Hmmm... that box on post 37 seems very similar ;)

I think the backfire has to be o-ring related or something with the tune. When it happened were you pushing the engine or just regular driving. (ie what rpm or throttle position?)

When I had those injectors in I had no problem driving with the supercharger off, meaning it would be the same as NA. The only times I had problems was right after installing them when I started tuning. If you are light on the throttle then the computer is able to reduce the amount of fuel on its own. But whenever I floored it without the tune it ran crazy rich and would start stalling the engine from too much fuel. Since you said it was a backfire it could be from too much fuel in the system. Were you able to look at your wideband?

Also since you are probably at a different altitude, climate, and have a P5 ecu my tune might not work right. Temperature has a big effect on the SSAFC and since the tune was from spring time here it probably isn't perfect for where you are.

That being said the whole reason for having the 440 injectors was not that it actually needed that much extra fuel, it was because the only way to tune the SSAFC without maxing out the MAF signal (and getting a CEL by doing so) was to reduce the signal for the amount of fuel needed. You could try and run the supercharger on the stock injectors, and might not need to add as much fuel as I did.

That's what I figured. I'm going to try using the oem injectors with the SC. I still need to get o rings for the intake manifold side of the injectors and a spacer for the fuel rail.(lost it while changing the injectors =(

Cant wait to see this done and see it on the road. First thing Tom going like line up=)

Funny i wanted to run a set up like this way back.

Are you referring to the spacers that support the fuel rail on the intake manifold? If so, the spacers on the fuel rail are there for a reason. They make sure that the angle of the injectors is optimal for spray into the intake manifold.

Are you referring to the spacers that support the fuel rail on the intake manifold? If so, the spacers on the fuel rail are there for a reason. They make sure that the angle of the injectors is optimal for spray into the intake manifold.

yep. but not necessary.. as seen on many people who have installed the 505 zoom manifold. not using them

Just because a lot of folks do something doesn't mean it won't work, or that it is right. I see spacers:

DSC02836.jpg

s*** man i wanna supercharge mah car now really bad. should help me out on finding a set up. lol. how much you spent all together to SC???

Wedensday I will take off the old fans and install slim fans, take off the header to wrap it and get an o2 bung put in for the wideband. Then Monday I will install the header, wire up the wideband and install the supercharger. That would give me about 2 weeks to tune the supercharger for SCCA. Then get a dyno the week after.

Hopefully the plan sticks....

Oh also going to pick up a fuel rail spacer from the junk yard wedensday

No proteges or I4 626s at the junk yard WTF?

Anyways got the header off to get the o2 bung welded in there. It's also going to get wrapped.

I'm going to save the slim fans for
Monday. Everything should
Be done by then. I'm going to wire and install the gauge later tonight.

Things left to be done

Take out maincooling fan and replace with slim.
Remove A/C components
Install wideband (almost done)
Install supercharger.

Things left to do

Back