Heated seats?

Neuritis

:
CX-9
I'm a new owner of an 08 GT and primarily bought the GT for the heated leather seats. However, my wife complains that the passenger seat does not get that warm (or quickly enough). I think the driver side is fine. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Can anything be done about it?

I have 3 other vehicles with heated seats, have had at least 10 others over the last 10 years, and IMO the CX-9 seat heaters are weak. My wife complains about them too.

My complaint with the CX-9 heated seats are that they do heat-up, then appear to shut-off for some determined time, then start the cycle all over again.

My previous cars would heat-up and stay continually on at the same temperature until I shut them off.

I want the option of keeping them hot or not. I don't want the car making that determination.

Has anyone else noticed this cycling effect now that it's a bit colder?

My complaint with the CX-9 heated seats are that they do heat-up, then appear to shut-off for some determined time, then start the cycle all over again.

My previous cars would heat-up and stay continually on at the same temperature until I shut them off.

I want the option of keeping them hot or not. I don't want the car making that determination.

Has anyone else noticed this cycling effect now that it's a bit colder?

Mine get so hot I turn them off after about 5 minutes.

I believe they are weight activated. So they don't start heating up until you sit in them. She is probably expecting the seat to already be warm when she sits down. In my CX-7 they get very hot once they heat up, it just takes awhile.

My CX-9 seat heaters take longer to heat up than my previous car. HOWEVER....SEAT HEATERS + REMOTE START....IS THE BEST!!!(rockon)

I think the passenger side seat heater on my CX-9 is a little weak. The driver's side gets hot enough that I have to turn it off, but nobody turns off the passenger side one. Nobody complains, either, but I don't think it gets as hot as the driver's side.

Seat heaters

In ours they're slow to heat but when they do get warmed up they get hot enough that both of us end up turning them off.

I prefer the heaters in our other vehicle. They warm up more quickly and have a lo/hi setting. Run them on hi to get them warmed up and then switch to lo to keep them comfortable.

the heated seats on my wife's new 08 CX9 GT toasts our buns real well. We don't turn them on as they get too hot for our liking. Anybody have issues w/ the leathers wearing out prematurely where the heating elements are? Our CX9 is only a week and a half old, and there are a couple of spots on the driver's seat that seems more worn (not as taut) than the rest of the seat.

I'd like to option to keep them on as well.

There must be a timed relay somewhere - sorta like a rear defroster - it turns off after 5 or so minutes.

How to delete?

My heated leather seats seem to work just fine, but this time of year in the Midwest it'd sure be nice if they had bun "coolers" instead! ;)

I imagine there are two reason for the timed seat heaters..

1. We are homeothermic, and applying sustained direct external heat is dangerous.

2. To prevent overheating the leather and damaging it.

It's supposed to warm the seat when first get into the cold vehicle before your body takes over and the heater warms the cabin, not keep you warm for the entire trip.

They seem to work fine, almost everytime I end up turning them off after a while.
Now they needed more than one setup, and for 2010 the cx-9 gets a 2 level heated seats.

I have not used the passengar side warmer but I've seen the same in the driver's seat -- it seems to kick in to take the chill off the seat. i like how it works.

I believe the seat heaters are thermostatically controlled. I remember reading something about this in the manual. My 2004 Mazda 6 had the same set up for the heated seats and they were controlled the same way. Basically they heat up to a level that is relative to the temperature of the cars climate control temp. Once they get warm they drop down to a comfortable temp. and stay at that level. Probably the reason why a lot of you complain about the seats cooling down. Nice in some aspects and seems good in theory but it would be nice IMO to have a dial like my Audi and have multiple settings to let me be the one deciding how warm I want them.

Hope this helps.

Back