GROUP BUY: Carbon Fiber Fenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hows the fender fitment focus? looks solid, curious about finish fitment around the headlights...

build looks dope btw

The fitment is excellent on the fenders, the inner bracket had to be cut off and reglued on one side. Also my guy had to do another layer of fiberglass on the inside to reinforce it, cause we both thought it was too thin.

WOW, there is a lot of work to be done to the fenders to be paint quality. A lot of small imperfections in the carbon. Well here is a small update:

P1010498.jpg

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010508.jpg

P1010509.jpg

Just got back and my fenders are here :)
Now I just have to wait till Monday to have a chance to install them. Still haven't opened the box. Hopefully they are in mint condition

Well I tried to install the driver side fender and fitment is noticeably off. Also it's missing the holes for to bumper to mount to the fenders. I might opt to have the professionally installed if they think the can get it to fit perfect. Not sure how strong it is either. I'm scared if I drill holes for the bumper to mount to the fenders and one driveway check might just crack it.

Well I tried to install the driver side fender and fitment is noticeably off. Also it's missing the holes for to bumper to mount to the fenders. I might opt to have the professionally installed if they think the can get it to fit perfect. Not sure how strong it is either. I'm scared if I drill holes for the bumper to mount to the fenders and one driveway check might just crack it.

I added an extra layer of fiberglass and resin on the inside because I also found them to be paper thin.

I didn't know they were ready; I hadn't received any communication. I suppose any outstanding balances are due ASAP...

fenderbox.jpg

Ill start off by saying the fenders were AWESOMELY packed and that on the box made me and my parents laugh! lol! if he didnt put it on... someone is smart! lol

fenders.jpg

But to the fenders, the passenger side i can live with but the drivers side has alot of little bumps thoughout it, my friend is coming over when he has time to check them out and see what he can do to correct the issue (if he can) for me.

But they do look awesome... its just a few to many flaws in them for me D: mainly compared to the roofcap and the table I have of theirs....

I know what you mean about the flaws. I had to have someone put in a FEW hours to correct them...

Yeah my friend made the first Carbon Fiber ADP's, which turned out flawless (the one and only one i have! LOL, he still has mods for them aswell!! LOL!!!) but hes going to be making me some 1 off stuff hopefully! Im thinking of a gauge pod made out of carbon that sits on the dash somewhere that holds a Turbotimer and Boost controler :D

But hopefully he can fix them, cause in a SLR photo (high quality) you can see the flaws at a angle easily.

But the 20-20 rule is in effect for them

20 feet away at 20 miles per hour they look GREAT! haha

But they are LIGHT AS OMFGGGGGGGg thats a great thing about it, and im not to worried aobut it being "thin" i think its well more then thick enough. sterdy enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back