Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone have a problem getting the brass fittings for the vac lines to fit? none of mine fit, and neither does the brass fitting for the pcv valve

mine are in, they just won't sit flush, they are all only halfway threaded in but the car holds perfect vacuum

photo44_zps2b4828b8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
mine wont even start to thread, and i dont want to strip anything. i found a screw to fit so i assume i have the wrong fittings. i'll probably go to fastenal tomorrow to see if they have anything that fits right

My car started to run like dump... and idle bad, I have a lean code and I still have to do a smoke test to see what the problem is but a.....
This is looking at the EGR

Attachments

• IMG_20130608_184611_938.jpg
    IMG_20130608_184611_938.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Your manifold is cracked and leaking massive amounts of air. It really sucks to see this happen again.

I was the first one out of this batch to have it happen and I believe Jaleik did too later on. I think there might have been one more but I'm not sure. There's pics of my damaged manifold on page 68 of the thread.

I put only about 1500 miles on it before the crack happened and about 12,000 since the repair. I also deleted my egr valve because I believe it put too much thermal stress on the thin aluminum sheet metal.

I put only about 1500 miles on it before the crack happened and about 12,000 since the repair. I also deleted my egr valve because I believe it put too much thermal stress on the thin aluminum sheet metal.

That was going to be my next thought... if the cracking is due to thermal expansion, a brace won't even resolve the issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed there won't be an issue on mine once it is installed.

I would recommend manifold and throttle body spacers also to further protect the intake mani from high heat sources like the cylinder head and throttle body (if the coolant lines are still hooked up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back