Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can finally get these fittings out guys. Very sorry it took so long, I've had a few really bad weeks and just couldn't send anything out. I will send out PM's this evening to see who all has already picked their own up, and will get the rest of them out first thing tomorrow.

1. mazda3gboostin - (EGR yes) coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
2. mazdaspeedp - (EGR yes) - coated metallic red *Shipped*
3. protegebuddy - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
4. jbrewer4639 - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
5. Justanothermp5 - (EGR yes) - uncoated *Shipped*
6. J_Naoto - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
7. Jaleik - (EGR yes) - coated metallic red *Shipped*
8. malcantry- (EGR no) - coated gloss black *Shipped*
9. Spiced MSP - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
10. mspHtown - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
11. spicyprotevo - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
12. hdiddy27 - (EGR yes) - coated gloss black *Shipped*
13. bwalt - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
14. uhohprotege - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *650 PAID*
15. falco - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*

The welds holding the egr block on my manifold have cracked :( I've been chasing a pin-hole leak for about a month now and just found this. Grabbed the block, wiggled it and can see the corner lift slightly.

505 could you please contact me ASAP. I'm pretty worried seeing as I forked over $800 for something that's breaking down after 2 months of use.

edit: upon closer inspection, the crack runs along the weld on the egr block and out about an inch and a half onto the sheet metal. I will have pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
wow, that sucks big time. My car hasn't ran in going on two months now. I hope that's not the reason. plus, that isn't the first time I have heard of someone having a cracking EGR block on one of these. It really does suck for the price we paid

To be honest it's a freak occurrence. My original manifold had this happen. The only one out of the entire first batch to crack. Rich took the finished manifold he was going to put on his car and sent it out to me so i wouldn't have any downtime. I ran my second manifold for over a year while daily driving my car and had zero problems with it. When i took the manifold off in july to sell to a friend of mine it was still pristine condition.

Also bwalt i know rich doesn't check the forums as much as he used to so i'll give him a call today just to make sure he knows about your situation.

Last edited:
Ok, here's the best shot I could get with the manifold still on the car. I saw smoke coming from under the hood after I came home one night. Noticed the egr valve was wet with carb cleaner and was dripping down onto the exhaust. I cleaned the egr valve when I swapped everything over in July but never hooked up the tube...everything was fine until recently.

I used my boost leak tester to pressure up the intake and sure enough you can see it leaking out the crack. Makes a funny whistling sound too and pressure bleeds off quite fast. I can't hear it while driving and oddly enough my vacuum reading at idle is -22, that means it's opening up under boost. The crack in the pic continues around the other side of the egr block, I couldnt get the camera to focus at that angle.

DSCN2182.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, here's the best shot I could get with the manifold still on the car. I saw smoke coming from under the hood after I came home one night. Noticed the egr valve was wet with carb cleaner and was dripping down onto the exhaust. I cleaned the egr valve when I swapped everything over in July but never hooked up the tube...everything was fine until recently.

I used my boost leak tester to pressure up the intake and sure enough you can see it leaking out the crack. Makes a funny whistling sound too and pressure bleeds off quite fast. I can't hear it while driving and oddly enough my vacuum reading at idle is -22, that means it's opening up under boost. The crack in the pic continues around the other side of the egr block, I couldnt get the camera to focus at that angle.

View attachment 197722

bwalt - Please keep us updated through the thread how this is taken care of.

I sent the manifold back to Rich today, he is going to take care of everything. My stocker is back on for now so I can still drive...what a downgrade though, haha.

Here are some more shots of the damage for anyone that's interested. There's a crack running around the egr block and also on the weld that runs next the egr. I don't mean to bash Rich's manifold in any way by posting about this issue, it's just for other manifold owners to see. The part itself rocks and I can't wait to get it back on the car again.

DSCN2191.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN2198.jpg

Can anyone tell the part number for the corrugated line and where I could buy one? Or something equivalent. One that wouldnt need the adaptor on the manifold side works too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back