GI - More Clunk Fix Brackets

There has been some interest in my Clunk Fix Brackets and I would like to see how much interest there really is.

Prior to going ahead with any orders I will be looking for a $50.00 deposit, so if you add your name here be ready to make that deposit when asked.

I will reactivate my AMM status prior to accepting any money's.

a list of GI so far

1. xtreme velocity
2. paniaguae640
3. DOMO
4. TURBOJ1
5. MSPCHI
6. shadow7
7. HLSilver Es
8. zackmac
9. livelyjay
10 digitalslacker
11 callphy

i guess evolv could just start an official GB and get the pricing settled oO

That would be awesome man. My friends think the rear end of my car is going to fall out and I have been holding back from buying all new stock parts cause it's a waste of money. This will be expensive I'm sure but from what I hear its worth it.

Sorry to be the noob here, but I have never figured out which circumstances needs the fix. I have a Protege5 with the racing beat rear sway bar. I have never heard a clunking sound. Sometimes there will be an extreme squeaking sound, but some lithium grease fixes that. I think the bushings are at the end of their life. If I put new bushings on will a clunk become evident?

From my research it seems this may only be a problem with the MSP, so maybe the fix doesn't even apply to me. Just want to make sure my car is set up properly!

problem apply to all protege using msps' rear racingbeat swaybar

from what i know the bushings tends to fail without a clunk fix kit to strengthen the swaybar

thats what makes the squeaking sound. u either replace the bushing often or grease it often.

with a clunk fix kit, i guess u dont have to replace /grease too often.

??? I'm dying here!!! I was forced to show a Honda up today because he was laughing at my squeak and clunk. I need this fixed! Lol

problem apply to all protege using msps' rear racingbeat swaybar

from what i know the bushings tends to fail without a clunk fix kit to strengthen the swaybar

thats what makes the squeaking sound. u either replace the bushing often or grease it often.

with a clunk fix kit, i guess u dont have to replace /grease too often.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer!

what causes the clunk in the first place is the sway bar tends to flex some up and down before it rotates like its supposed to. because of this it puts strain on the bushings and makes them wear out. but by moving the mounting location toward the outer ends of the sway bar it prevents this up and down motion and makes the bar twist like its supposed to without the flex. it does improve the efficiency of the bar itself in return making it stiffer. this is a great produce and i suggest it to anyone who has the racingbeat swaybar.

Still any interest in this? Or builder interest? Local places can not get stock bushings for these. So needs to be ordered online. Really wanted to wait this thing out for these brackets. If not may I have details pictures and measurements of it and can build myself. Just rather someone else build it that has done it before. Also in dire need of this fix!!

Back