GI light weight pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey brach, these questions/concerns are taken from the other site.

Here's what seems wrong with it so far:

1. The diameter is way too large
2. The thickness is way too large
3. No grooves for the belt

i don't know if this is referring to the WP or ALT pulley, but the larger of the two pulleys that shipped.

hey brach, these questions/concerns are taken from the other site.

Here's what seems wrong with it so far:

1. The diameter is way too large
2. The thickness is way too large
3. No grooves for the belt

i don't know if this is referring to the WP or ALT pulley, but the larger of the two pulleys that shipped.

That was me who posted that, referring to the WP pulley. The WP pulley on the car looks to be about the same diameter as the Alt pulley, but with 3 grooves for the belt, making it a bit narrower.

I am hoping you get this straightened out and make us the correct pulley for the water pump for no further cost to us. Right now Im not feeling too happy with my purchase in regards to the "water pump" pulley, and am glad something came up which required the money I was going to use for the power steering pulley.

Yes, please let us know. I must admit I'm now a bit skeptical as to whether or not I want to buy the set for the Speed6's and Speed3's when you get to them. Hopefully everything works out though.

Update for the V6 WP pulleys.
A mistake was made on the WP pulley .The wrong one was produced and the person that was installing the pulleys straight BS'd me. He told me he installed it without issue.
So I will be making the correct pulley ASAP and sending it off. There will be NO added cost to you. When your replacement comes, a call tag will be with it so that you can send back the other pulley. NO cost to you guys what so ever. It's an honest mistake and I apologize for this mix up. This will get it straightened out very quick.
Thank you for your patients and understanding.

Thanks for being able to admit it and remedy the situation in a timely manor. Don't worry about it, we are all human. Make sure to keep us updated.

Update for the V6 WP pulleys.
A mistake was made on the WP pulley .The wrong one was produced and the person that was installing the pulleys straight BS'd me. He told me he installed it without issue.
So I will be making the correct pulley ASAP and sending it off. There will be NO added cost to you. When your replacement comes, a call tag will be with it so that you can send back the other pulley. NO cost to you guys what so ever. It's an honest mistake and I apologize for this mix up. This will get it straightened out very quick.
Thank you for your patients and understanding.

thanks man, s*** happens lol.

so what exactly is this other thing that we received? i wish it was a part for our 6s cuz it looks pretty damn good too!

Any ETA on when we should expect the new WP pulley?
Was the guy that BS you the same guy that confirmed the ALT/PS pulleys? :(

Sounds great, cant wait for the WP pulley. Everyone makes mistakes, its how they fix them that reflects on their character and you're doing a bang up job to prove the quality of yours.

Brach I will get pics emailed to you today.The 6yr old broke the digital camera so I have to borrow one from my old roomate.No worries on fixing the problem.

Thanks

I just got mine in over the weekend and the alt pulley looks pretty cool. As for the WP pulley, It looked linda funny till I read about the issues. I thank you Brach for getting to the bottom of this and getting an answer so quickly. I only wish that all companies had such integrity. THX again

It was an honest mistake. The pulley is for the 2.3L and not the 3.0L
The ALT and PS have been verified though 2 other sources and are good. The new WP pulleys will get made right away. I'm going to pull the PS off the CNC machine tomorrow and push the WP pulleys in front of them.
I have to wait for the material to get here. I ordered it today and it's set to arrive on Friday. So if all goes right, I'll make them over the weekend and have them at the anodizer on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back