Forge BPV & TRZ Solid Mount review

laloosh

Banned
Forge BPV: Install is stupid easy, takes about 5 min. Im running the blue springs and had to turn down my boost controller. I guess the stocker leaks at 17-18psi. This imho, even though i havnt tried anything else, is a very good bpv. The noise is a lil different with a slight metalic whistle at the end of the air release. 9 out of 10 just because im really anal and picky lol.

TRZ Solid Derlin Mount: Super easy install, the vibrations arnt bad at all. Like i said i have the solid mount and really feel that is absolutly 100% streetable. The only time you feel it is SLIGHTLY at idle and taking off in 1st gear. Other than that the car feels great. I tried launching a bunch of times and i still get a lil wheel hop but NOTHING compared to stock. Shifting is spot on and percises now. Flat shiffting becomes 10 times easier. 10 out of 10 on that "laloosh scale"

Any question feel free to ask, but as you know it takes alot to actaully impress me and if anything i bash alot of items lol. But these two are really great for the money/quality/performance.

Nice writeup.

My TRZ delrin motor mount should be delivered today, so I'm psyched to install it tomorrow.

Now with the TRZ mount and my CPE intake, I'm ready for the next round of mods with the Forge BPV and TBE.

i went out for a test drive with a guy after we installed a fujita intake and forge bpv. he kept saying how good it sounded, even at lower rpms.

Glad to hear you approve of your parts.

?, Did you get the Forge ByPassValve, or the Forge Blow Off Valve?? Which one comes with the spring set? Because you're saying you've got the BPV, so just wanted to clarify.

And last but not least, I haven't been able to get a solid answer anywhere, even with search, and google; but can the current Forge Blow Off Valve be used as either a recirc, and vent to atmos, or is it strictly a vent to atmos or vice versa?

Thanks.

-J

he has a Bypass Valve, not the blow off valve. The blow off valve is designed to vent open.

he has a Bypass Valve, not the blow off valve. The blow off valve is designed to vent open.

I have looked at Forge BPV on a website sponsored on here. It shows that the Forge BOV has the spring sets, and in the description for the BPV, there isn't anything in there mentioning of any spring sets. That's why I'm curious. If the BPV comes with the spring sets too, then that's new to me. Thanks.

-J

the bypass valve comes with swappable springs. there is a red, blue and yellow. blue and yellow are pretty much all you'd ever use on the ms3 or ms6

Sweet, so the BPV DOES in fact come with the springs sets as well. Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated. I'll probably just hold out until Forge can come up with a hybrid model for our Speed3s. Thanks again sir!

-J

nice mods bud.... i have both of those as well. i love them both !! i wouldnt trade either one for anything else out there !!

Sweet, so the BPV DOES in fact come with the springs sets as well. Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated. I'll probably just hold out until Forge can come up with a hybrid model for our Speed3s. Thanks again sir!

-J

You could use the BPV VTA if you wanted to. Simply plug the end of the recirc hose.

any other comments on the forge bpv. some say it 'holds boost better between shifts' and 'builds boost faster'. do you notice anything like that? is it much louder than stock?

You could use the BPV VTA if you wanted to. Simply plug the end of the recirc hose.

whoa there...way wrong dude !! the forge recirc valve is not a dual piston or diaphram type valve. when vac. is present the valve is always OPEN. you will heve a huge leak if you ran this valve VTA. some valves like greddy and HKS can go either way... the forge can NOT !

whoa there...way wrong dude !! the forge recirc valve is not a dual piston or diaphram type valve. when vac. is present the valve is always OPEN. you will heve a huge leak if you ran this valve VTA. some valves like greddy and HKS can go either way... the forge can NOT !

hmm to him too... so I'll probably wait on the hybrid model if there will ever be one through Forge for our Speed3 application.

-J

I got mine the other day, but I think it's missing an O-ring. Is there supposed to be an O-ring between the Forge BPV and the aluminum tube it mounts to? Please help. Or does it mount metal on metal? The stock O-ring doesn't fit because it has a diamond shape.

Back