fog lights always on

One issue I found is the yellow top optima would die or be dead by the 15th day if I didn't start it.

put it in a switched fuse. it turns off when the car does and doesnt run any power. you never have to worry about it

I want a mod that let's me use either parking aloone. Fogs alone low beams alone or parking and fogs . So basically this mod BUT I can have the choice to turn off the fogs..I just wana have the opportunity to run fogs only or w parking on w out low bms

I have aftermarket fogs so I can do that (separate on/off switch). I don't know if u can unfu#k the stock fog lights.

Taus this is exactly what you want. So you can control everything individually. Low beams alone. High beams alone. Parking lights alone. Lows and fogs. Highs and fogs. Parking and fogs. And fogs alone. This mod essentially makes the fog light button a seperate switch. You can do everthing you want with the front lights with this. Ill make a video tomorrow showing all the light combos.

oh alright, its just that i thought from the title "fog lights always on" meant that this mod was a DRL mod, and i dont like those.. most ppl try to mod it so u DONT have DRL's ....like on my mk3 jetta forumz (old)

alright thanks tho, then i guess il give this a try when i can.. just wish there were some pics (so i dont F anything up )

- Thanks tho,(2thumbs)

Oh hell yeah! Haha I forgot all about those..I'm in rochester hills tho..kinda a drive but if its worth it..give me some details on the meets or if u have a link..

Thanks

Last edited:
Just did this! I only did steps 1-5 like one of the other members here, where fogs cut off when high beams are on. Got HID's so high beam is not necessary ;)

Sorry to bring this up, but I can take pictures of the steps for whoever needs it.

Question, has anybody done this on a 2000? Everything I can find online is for a 3.5 and the wiring is different as well as the harness at the switch. Here are a couple pics to show you what I mean...
260482_516405983360_224900146_330064_6141387_n.jpg

269485_516405998330_224900146_330065_5702239_n.jpg

All I will say is I changed wiring at the fuse box, that doesn't look like a fusebox. That looks like a light relay.

Page 1, Step 3, where the instructions say black relay with 4 wires. If you look at my picture you can see that the wires on a 2k do not have the same color coordination

What is the relay you tap into?? My fogs haven't worked since I got it. This trick had already been done and I went through all the steps and everything is how it's supposed to be but still nothing...

Back