fog lights always on

i wish i would have taken pictures when i did this. there is a chance that your fuse is blown... but when i wire the mpi i will try and take some pictures of what i did. and this is not the standard trick. the trick yours has is so they turn on with parking lights

i wish i would have taken pictures when i did this. there is a chance that your fuse is blown... but when i wire the mpi i will try and take some pictures of what i did. and this is not the standard trick. the trick yours has is so they turn on with parking lights
Thank you soo much and yea I ran the ground wire to a different wire then the red and white and blew the running light fuse but I replaced that(with the horn fuse lol). But outside of that everything else works other than the fogs... Ian had the fogs and a radar detector ran to turn on with the fogs and before I picked it up he pulled the radar and after that is when everything stopped working. We found that a wire was grounding itself out and replaced the fried wire. Any help would be awesome

Did the mod over the weekend while doing some other stuff. Love it. Great write up and super easy!
photo.jpg

great how to..been looking for this for a while, since im knew into the mazda thing...was a honda guy...btw, i had to translate some steps in spanish in order to finally completely understand..lol...will be doing this soon...thanks!! =)

did this mod, im a nubbie on the mazdas, what i did was find everyhting during the week, fuse box, relay with wires, and side panel, and it only took me like 20 min or so..not long...ill try to take some pics of some of the steps so there is a better idea of what needs to be wire!!, btw , i loving it!!

anybody with a 99-00 ever do this? I would like to be able to do the mod but the "how to" doesn't apply to us 3.0 gen owners :(

I guess pretty much the same wiring but different colors..u want to get the red wire which u believe is the power...and the white red and connected to the chasis..its pretty much it...

It should b the same wire...the others might b different but if i recall, red most likely b power...so just cut and wire on step 3 i beleive and the other switch just look for the red and white..i think is pretty much the same...4 wires...one red..hope that helps!!!.

thanks for the info I will mess around with it tomorrow night and see if I can figure it out, just put in LED fogs, interior overhead and license plate lights so I'll take pics if successful lol

Allright man no plm..let me know how the fog lights with the leds and the other places?!..want to do it..debating in led or hid in the fog lights..but a mos led on the interior..post some pics when u get a chance...

Uhh yeah So I can't find that black and white relay with lavender wires... can someone direct me? This is from a 2003 P5.

This is looking up at the steering column.
IMG_1343.jpg

Basically the only relay I can see with four wires does not have lavender... only red, red/blue, blue, and blue-yellow.
IMG_1345.jpg

OK, just in case anyone out there has had the same problem as me:

The one circled with the orange arrow above is indeed the relay you're looking for. It seems my color scheme is different than the OP's. The red wire is the one I connected to the spade connector. I did not wire it so the fogs will stay on with the high beams though. This was a super-simple wiring job, but sweet. I finally have day-time-running lights!

Nice! sorry i havent been able to help much in this thread. let me see if i can go get some pics right now.

Hey I just tried this and my fogs dont turn on at all now. I tried reconnecting the old wires to how they were originally connected and it still won't work. Can someone help me?

Back