floor mats

beep119

:
2005 Mazda 6
hello all, i just picked up a 2016 Mazda CX-5 yesterday. Love it...well my wife loves it, its her vehicle...lol
But i want to get a set of floor mats for it, down to the Weathertech vs Husky mats. I have the Weathertech for my truck and love them...but i hear the Weathertech might not fit the CX-5 good, anyone have them that could give input with their experience on them.
Or if anyone has seen both can give input. From what i read so far the husky mats might be offering more protection. Higher dead pedal protection for example.
Would appreciate any input from people who have these mats in their CX-5
Thank you

I have the huskies and the fit is pretty good. Very good coverage of the dead pedal and throttle. Only issue I have now is sometimes, maybe because of the temperature, it deforms slightly and the edges curve in a little bit, but it's a minor issue. I like that the material is not super slick when wet like the Weathertechs. On the CX5 you might have to make a cut-out for the fuel door release or just leave it covered. Also the passenger side doesn't have the snap in inserts like the driver side does. Instead it's just a dimple in the mat where the pegs go under. On the Weathertechs, both driver and passenger mats snap in, but the Weathertechs does cost more. Autoanything.com carries both and occasionally has a 20% off, but most of the time cannot be applied to the Weathertechs.

costco/goodyear/$13 for 4/ priceless .... er I mean not too bad after you trim them up a little!!

I purchased these http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A7570A0A0.aspx from autoanything while 20% off. The fit was great.
I got both front and rear. The appealing aesthetics for me was what sealed the deal. They offer the same dead pedal coverage as the Huskies, but look way better in my opinion. Time will tell as far as durability goes. I don't think they are as durable as the Huskie or Weathertech options but I am not brutal on my floor mats so I expect they will last for awhile. Worst case I will have to replace the front in a few years as I don't have that many rear passengers that I shuttle around.

Back