Firmware update help!

Hey how's everybody doing so far!

I have a 2018 CX5 OS version 59.00.546 NA N need to upgrade firmware before installing kit for apple car play. Can anybody please PM me the right firmware update so i can install it or where to go really appreciated. Thanks in advance...

I have a 2018 CX5 OS version 59.00.546 NA N need to upgrade firmware before installing kit for apple car play. Can anybody please PM me the right firmware update so i can install it or where to go really appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Here you go. It's a lot of reading but we'll worth it. Take your time and read it. 👍

Upvote 0

I BELIEVE THE FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR APPLE CARPLAY IS 74.00.200 NA N

Upvote 0
Had my car in for service yesterday and they told me that there is no Apple CarPlay Firmware upgrade for the 2021 CX-5.

The version you posted you have is not the latest version software for the system. The dealer should have the latest version BUT it should also be available to download over the air from within the settings as the 2021 and above MY is capable of doing that with no dealer visit required. However, it is not yet available for OTA download to update manually and can only be done by the dealership at this time.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the cars with the newer headunit system have no "retrofit" method for getting carplay and Android auto. either you buy the car with it equipped from the factory or you lose out on the feature. again, this thread is for the older system which they had promised to allow a retrofit system and hardware upgrade for.

Upvote 0
Is there still a newer firmware for my Mazda CX5 2015 face lifted model?

If the answer is yes, how do i get that file.
In the past i updated it to this version for my android auto/Apple carplay

Attachments

• 20230525_102318.jpg
    20230525_102318.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
Back