Fender Vents?!?!?!

Projekt Tuner

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
I've been searching and searching and searching and.. well you get the idea. I'm trying to find some vents for the fenders that will ACTUALLY allow heat to escape from the engine bay. If any of you guys have seen the RX-8 (which i'm sure is just about everyone) then you know what I'm talking about... anyone know of replacement fenders that offer heat dissipation!?!? (uhm)

none i dont think... gotta have it custom, well none as for now... wait ? ionno haha

Sorry to tell you but you cant get heat outta the engine bay via vents in the fenders because they do not connect openly with the engine compartment.You would have to actually cut hole from the engine bat to the wheels wells which would then negate the effect of having vents at all in the fender.

Think about it?
If that doesnt work for you and you get confused,go out and pop your hood.
Matt

I think those ricy z3 fenders that all the civics around here have would work if you did it custom. But then you'd look like a poser and get laughed at.

basicly what forcefed said the fenders dont connect to the bay and it would look retarded on the car.

don't think anyone makes them. it would kinda look weird on the car but to each their own. if anything a lot of people that do custom work or race cars usually incorporate this function with widebody flairs. it's mainly used for aerodynamics purposes, not really venting anything.

was thinkin about a new hood already.. but if fender vents are posing as a z3.. then hmm EVO hood?!??! umm yeah definitely not tryin to look like a pieceofshitsubitchy and I have not been able to get any details if the erebuni hood is actually vented or just fake :(

NO! Don't do it!

Just buy yourself an Evo hood if you're concerned about temperatures under the hood.

my temps are lowered some even with just an oem cf hood b.c it doesn't have all the weather stripping.

01Se_to_03MSP said:
my temps are lowered some even with just an oem cf hood b.c it doesn't have all the weather stripping.
I took my weather stripping off and put it in the trunk so I wouldn't lose it.

You could do it, but you would have to cut through some of the frame of the car and thus worsen the situation in a front end impact.. Not worth it, just get a vented hood or vent it through a different area if your serious about the performance.

FYI: I have my fender off from my recent wreck, and thats how I have decided upon that..

Think there would be any Heat loss if I took off the Fire Blanket s*** that's mounted to the underside of our hoods? If so... how would I do that?!?!? lol And thanks Elemental I will be Getting a vented hood (like the username as well.. I DJ and my DJ Name is DJ Element so I'm always rockin the element gear :))

That actually helps to protect your paint by insulating the hood. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it has something to the effect of helping to smother an engine fire if that happens. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Stormtrooper77 - I think that is correct, both points. Also provides some insulation for noise. But who really cares about that.

You coming out this Sunday... Inside Park Zoo entrance, 7pm. Looks like the weather will good and sounds like there will be a big turnout this weekend.

p.s. Not trying to thread jack... please continue on with the vented hood items.... hehe

can't really threadjack when it started as fender vents and is now hood vents, Threadjack away! I'm not a moron I don't really care. Threads are for posting, so post whateva!

Back