Fender roller

what_the

:
MazdaSpeed 3
So I have searched around and haven't found much. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a fender roller in Atlanta so I can roll my rear fenders.

Fenders

You can buy an Eastwood fender roller online for under $300. Don't forget the heat gun too! (alright)

There are places online that you rent them from but they'll require you to make a huge deposit then pay you your deposit back less the rental fee after you return it to them. Like mentioned earlier, using a heat gun is recommended as paint will crack when bent if not heated up properly

Search Craigslist for "Fender roller" in your area. I've seen people offering their services at $20-$30 per fender. This will get you out of the requirement to buy or rent a tool to have to do it yourself and also have someone who is experienced at it.

Yeah I found some one in North Atlanta that has one for rent for 45 a week of Craigslist, but it has the crazy big deposit. I didn't know street unit rented a roller. I would rather have someone do it and have to fix it if they crack the paint, but I figure I can do it myself if I have to. Is there anybody in Atl that does it affordably, body shops are outrageous. Thanks for the heads on on the heat gun, I have access to a bunch. I have been told/read that i need to get the paint between 120-140F to keep from cracking.

^ +1...Just take a bat, reef it under your fender, and roll the car forward and back...VOILA!!!

People are selling the rollers on eBay for less than $300. If you're lucky you can probably find a used one for less.

Shave your fender, it's what I did. I personally think it's better than rolling. It gives you more clearance for a more aggressive setup. Not by much, but it's still more clearance.

Stage 6 motorsports off of phillips has a fender roller. I noticed it when i was getting a few couplers. No idea what they charge.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the intent of your post, but if the OP was going to drive all the way to Jacksonville to get his fenders rolled, don't you think he'd rather use mine for free than pay somebody? (dunno)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the intent of your post, but if the OP was going to drive all the way to Jacksonville to get his fenders rolled, don't you think he'd rather use mine for free than pay somebody? (dunno)

lmao, yeah I read that to fast and read it as he could roll your fenders. So I was telling you where you could get yours rolled.

Shave your fender, it's what I did. I personally think it's better than rolling. It gives you more clearance for a more aggressive setup. Not by much, but it's still more clearance.

How exactly did you do this? I am running 18x8.5 with 235 rubber. I don't plan on going any more aggressive than that.

How exactly did you do this? I am running 18x8.5 with 235 rubber. I don't plan on going any more aggressive than that.
I initially started the cuts with a cutoff tool, then I cut the entire fender lip with a reciprocating saw. I then grinded down the edges with the cutoff tool. Everything is now smooth and straight. No lip at all!

DSC_0016.jpg

god i love those advan's

i rolled mine and took a dremel to the fender/bumper joint. i rented mine from a guy in CT. he has a thread for renting on m3f.

im sitting on 245s with no rubbing issues

Back