Fast read, PLEASE!!!

I'd get a 240sx :)

You'll never really know about cars. You'll only find out stuff about it after you buy it. Hell, the DX could have been in an accident too. Carfax is unreliable to me now lol.

My P5 was bought with 106k miles on it and now with 115k. And it hasn't been a year yet. It's paid off but it's driving strong. Hope you enjoy whichever route you decide to take.

True you never know. Hell the car could be modded and babied its entire life.

I know my old mp5 was areal good car and I some times wish i never traded it in on the msp.

True you never know. Hell the car could be modded and babied its entire life.

I know my old mp5 was areal good car and I some times wish i never traded it in on the msp.

Are you having any problems with the MSP? I have a few mods on my car and I can say I don't push it that hard. My driving is a bit spirited, but in no way do I treat the car like dirt. It's dirty though LOL. (wiggle)

Get the DX with as many miles as you drive man you will be happier with less issues, and it will make this easier for you, as well as thing more enjoyable.

Are you having any problems with the MSP? I have a few mods on my car and I can say I don't push it that hard. My driving is a bit spirited, but in no way do I treat the car like dirt. It's dirty though LOL. (wiggle)

lol I think my synco for 3rd and 5th are about shot. Clutch is good but then again I still have one more engine mount to replace with a solid mount and fluid change for the trans to rule those out of the shifting issue.

Edit: When I say some times i wish I didn't trade in my old p5 I wasn't trying to sound like I had issues with my car. I just really Liked my MP5 and had it setup just the way I liked it.

Last edited:
Yeah, go with the DX. You'll be able to build it as you please.

I hope my car is still worth something if I decide to trade it in LOL. I'm kind of wondering if I should boost or not. Boost within limits, that is.

protege's are lighter and more nimble. the protege weighs in at about 2900lbs. the p5 weighs in at 3611lbs.

LOL at 3600lbs for the P5.

Gross weight with passengers and cargo, perhaps....but the Protege5's curb weight is 2716lbs - which is actually lighter than the Mazdaspeed Protege curb weight of 2843lbs. Non-Mazdaspeed Proteges are even lighter with a curb weight of 2634lbs. Those are the facts :)

Last edited:

Gross weight with passengers and cargo, perhaps....but the Protege5's curb weight is 2716lbs - which is actually lighter than the Mazdaspeed Protege curb weight of 2843lbs. Non-Mazdaspeed Proteges are even lighter with a curb weight of 2634lbs. Those are the facts :)
+1, I litterally LOL'd at the first comment. The sedans are the lightest, followed by the P5 and then finally the MSP (I don't really know where the MP3 falls in there though). As for handling, I'm pretty sure the DX is worse than the P5. The P5 is pretty much the ES sedan in wagon form. IIRC, don't the DX's lack a rear swaybar and have rear drum brakes? Or was that prior to '02? I'm pretty certain that all '02 and up Proteges have the same 2.0L engine but I thought there were some suspension differences between them. If the above is the case than the P5 would definitely handle better than a DX.

lol i was about to say that too. on my registration, it says 2800lbs.

ewww...4 lug ...drum brakes..no rear sway O_O

sounds alot like a dodge neon :(

oh well.............PROTEGEGARAGE.COM FTMFW!!!

Or there is the absolute final option of just keep the p5...deal with it and pay it off...and then do a motor swap when its paid off (considering it prolly wont be running by then) ...

Or there is the absolute final option of just keep the p5...deal with it and pay it off...and then do a motor swap when its paid off (considering it prolly wont be running by then) ...

If you can afford to keep your current p5 then keep it and pay it off. I'm sure it will paided off pretty soon unless you owe a ton on it.

Edit: Or if you really want the 5spd then get the DS. I love MTX over the ATX but their are times I kinda wish I kept the MP5 simply due to the fact that I owed less then 2k on it and it would of been paid off in March 09.

Last edited:
and like, basically my whole theory behind trading it is because i want to get some trade in value to go towards the loan while the car is still worth something.

longer i wait, longer itll depreciate, meanwhile warranty is almost up, and ill still be payin on it for 2 years and running into problems all along the way

and like, basically my whole theory behind trading it is because i want to get some trade in value to go towards the loan while the car is still worth something.

longer i wait, longer itll depreciate, meanwhile warranty is almost up, and ill still be payin on it for 2 years and running into problems all along the way

If you can score extra cash on the trade in I say do it! If not don't! My p5 had no issues other then a 1 wheel bearings and the trans going out at 170k miles. Other then that it was all orig aside from my mods.

ya, ill be about 5k upside-down on the loan, itll get tacked onto the cost of the DX = about 10k. w/o tax..

ya, ill be about 5k upside-down on the loan, itll get tacked onto the cost of the DX = about 10k. w/o tax..

If thats the case man I would run the p5 into the ground! Use your income tax to bring down your amount owed! Theirs no point in giving yourself a loan that you will take you another 3-6 years to pay off when your current loan is about up in 2years.

ya...thats the grim realization i keep coming to.. Stuck with the old war horse...lol...makes me wish i had taken a tad better care of it :p

Although with about $1k shell be in tip top shape.

ya...thats the grim realization i keep coming to.. Stuck with the old war horse...lol...makes me wish i had taken a tad better care of it :p

Although with about $1k shell be in tip top shape.

Keep your currnet p5 seriously if your going to be about 10k in the hole on that DX! Take your income taxes either pay down your car or fix the quirks that it does have. You will enjoy not having a car payment once the day comes!!!

Back