Exaust seperation from the Cat

PimpDaddyJ

:
Mazda Speed 2003
Ok, who has had their cat nearest to the engine almost fall off their MSP? mine almost did on the highway today, sure the car sounded mean..ran like s***...but thats rediculous..after 1 year it seperates from the pipeing....2 days after the 48000 km check i payed 470.00 for which they are suppost to check the exaust...will find out what the service department has to say tommorow, hopefully im an isolated incident and you lucky folks dont have cat seperation to look forward to...

gboromsp said:
Its happened to a few people. Just buy a downpipe and have fun with it.
yeah, i don't think many people on this board will have this problem, everyone has aftermarket downpipes, LOL...

I just had mine replaced under warranty. I have been complaining about cat leak and sulfur smell for about 9,000 miles. This was in conjunction with my whopping 14-16 mpg. They finally replaced the cats when the car started sounding like a 77 Pinto. The car has never ran so well. I got 345 miles on 12.7 gallons this week. So things are finally looking up.

Britt

it's a known factory default (bad welding in combo with a hot running car in cold weather)

should be 110% covered under warranty

Well I saw the service guy, about 1 week for backorder, i told him "I am haaaving the leak with the exaust, for why?" get to rock a loaner for a while...hopefully its not some POS. They even replaced the missing pipe for airbox, aftermarket downpipe definately an idea to add to my wishlist, thanks for the info guys

Back