emergency/hand brake cable repair/replacement!?!?

P5Zac

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So i have done some searching and havnt found anything on the site regarding the replacement of the emergency/hand brake cable (unless im just blind and missed it).

Last friday i purchased my 2002 mazda protege5 and absolutely love the car!!! but the previous owner did explain to me that the emergency hand brake did not work. i asked him about it and he went on to tell me the story about when towing the vehicle during a move, for some reason he had to cut the cable to the hand brake.....i have no clue why he had to do that but this brings up my question.

I want to replace the cable so that i will have a working emergency hand brake. He told me that he cut the cable somewhere by the front passenger side door? I havnt gotten under the car to check it out yet but i need help finding out exactly what it is i need to replace and if it is just one cable or if there is more than one piece to this cable assembly and if so i will need to find out exactly where it was cut. Does anyone know of where i can find a diagram or some instructions that can help me install a new cable? And possibly point me in the right direction as to where i can find the part at the best price. I did some google searching and dont really know if what i found is what i need.
any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Loving the mazda world!!! go TeamPro5!!!

subbing to this thread
my cable is also not doing its job.. it wont stop the car in my 5% inclined driveway (hopefully it sits in the garage!)

Back