Protege5 Auto Transmission not shifting out of 2nd

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 2003 Protege5 with an automatic transmission for a pretty insane deal that has been sitting for about a year. After changing the battery and doing some general maintenance items, it started right up. On the drive home however, the transmission only shifted through 1st and 2nd gear. When trying to shift to 3rd, it feels like it just doesn't catch it and revs as if it was in neutral. It doesn't go into 4th either.

So far I've replaced all the trans solenoids, transmission speed sensor, and neutral safety switch, but the problem stayed the exact same. I think the next thing I'll try is tightening the shift cable and checking the wiring harness for any breaks, but I'm not sure how effective that will be.

I've seen some similar posts to this, but can't find a confirmed solution, and I was wondering if any of y'all have had this same issue and found out what the problem was. I appreciate everyone's time reading through this post!

Thank you for that link! I scanned codes but didn't get anything transmission related (only got a p0090 which I believe if fuel pressure regulator)

Upvote 0
Screenshot_20221103-180338_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221103-180554_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20221103-180818_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Upvote 0
Back