EGR valve delete

Burlo

:
Mazda2 sport
I'm looking for an EGR delete kit, I don't just wanna didable it, I wanna cut the valve off and blank it out but I cannot find a kit, any help? Thanks.

The EGR can be disabled in the ECU, Iam pretty sure you can block off the pipe on the manifold, pipe welded up or cap or ball bearing in the cap and screw it back on, make a flat plate to put in place of the other end on the inlet manifold or cut the pipe at the inlet manifold end and get it blanked off, flatten and weld or braize a cap on ?

Some one else must have some ideas on this ? Joe ? Derrick ?

Shaun.....

you don't need a kit whatsoever ,cut the tubing and close the hole in the inlet manifold and stop the water that runs through the EGR valve by taking the hose out and replacing it with a adequate cap to stop water flow as for the EGR valve itself you have 4 screws on the top of the black piece where u plug it in , this black piece is all u need to trick the ECU take all the rest out and leave this black piece with the plug , leave it plugged to the harness and hidden somewhere in the engine bay and u are good to go , works like a charm

I'm looking for an EGR delete kit, I don't just wanna didable it, I wanna cut the valve off and blank it out but I cannot find a kit, any help? Thanks.

you don't need a kit whatsoever ,cut the tubing and close the hole in the inlet manifold and stop the water that runs through the EGR valve by taking the hose out and replacing it with a adequate cap to stop water flow as for the EGR valve itself you have 4 screws on the top of the black piece where u plug it in , this black piece is all u need to trick the ECU take all the rest out and leave this black piece with the plug , leave it plugged to the harness and hidden somewhere in the engine bay and u are good to go , works like a charm

unfortunately that will not work on the later model. if you remove it, you will need to zero out the duty cycle tables for egr flow, or it will set a code, in fact several codes

Would someone explain what good this would do? From my understanding the newer models (2010+) would gain nothing from an EGR delete unless they're dedicated track rats - potentially it would reduce performance, even.

i deleted the EGR when i installed my custom made turbo exhaust manifold , so if u want to install lets say a headers u would be better off if u delete the EGR

Would someone explain what good this would do? From my understanding the newer models (2010+) would gain nothing from an EGR delete unless they're dedicated track rats - potentially it would reduce performance, even.

Mazda2sp.... this is what Graham (Burlo) has done, he's fitted the header from Font and has some issue with the pipework....

Shaun.....

just delete the whole EGR system and i think you should be clear ,

Mazda2sp.... this is what Graham (Burlo) has done, he's fitted the header from Font and has some issue with the pipework....

Shaun.....

Shaun.....

If it's the hotpipes header the EGR should not be a problem. Mine was a simple bolt on. I use simple loosely given it was a b**** but the EGR pipe was the last issue I had.
If thats something you really want to do, deleting the EGR, your best bet would be to remove the pipe and put a block off on it. This is what the speed3's do, given now they are finding it is negative on the cars, and it works for them. You would for sure need to have Dynotronics reflash and erase the codes and to ensure the car is not flipping out with what you did.

Back