EBAY intake owners!

misbehave said:
How do you get that pipe under the car?
I could hardly find any space there, and the coolant bottle is blocking the way.

Relocated the coolant bottle and cut away a piece of the plastic underneath the car to run the hose through it.

misbehave said:
Where do you mount the coolant bottle then?

Hmmm...can't exactly say where I relocated it to, but it in the same general area. Just rebolted it to another boltable hole....maybe you can tell from this picture by the location of it....I don't remember where it was stock....sorry....but hope it helps....

coolant.jpg

If I would've done what you did hawainnights I would have gotten hydrolock here in NY. Some times it rains so much not to mention the occasional snow we get down here. You guys should also purchase a universal heat shield to keep the temps down. I like the "ghetto intakes" I would have gotten one from ractive but they were sold out so I got an Injen CAI.

Last edited:
I haven't had too much trouble with that so far, but something to keep an eye on for sure

I have been using my ebay intake for amlost a year now. I like it and only paid $55 inclusing ahipping. It also came with two filters. Here is a pic of my bracket, installed.

fc0c011b.jpg

I think thats the first time I have seen a CAI on ebay- damn, just got my sri two weeks ago- I would have ordered this one instead!

any of you guys tried this with a MSP, i see injen says their MP5 and MP3 intakes dont work with MSP's, so will an ebay intake work with an MSP?

I don't think so and I would'nt recommend you get it on the msp since the intakes for the msp's are totally differ from the P5 and MP3 in various aspects.

Last edited:
i took my ebay short ram intake from my P5 and turned it into a custom CAI on my MSP. looks just like the spool one except a lot cheaper

BTW< i just bought an injen so if anyone is interested in buying this, PM me

Back