Duracell auto batteries

:
2016.5 CX 5 GT
I want to replace the battery on my 2016.5 before winter. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Duracell battery?
I looked at the Interstate battery at Costco but they don't install, so that's out for me.

Appreciate that, but at my age that isn't really possible. So need to have someone do the work. I used to be able to exchange batteries, but that was then, not now.
I live in a area where there isn't much in the line of places to get this done, but a Batteries plus is reasonably close and they sell Duracell, so tar is the reason for my question.

Duracell is sold at Advance Auto and Sam's club. Whichever one is cheaper, there you go.

Also look at Everstart Maxx from Walmart, believe it or not. Those are also very affordable, and work just fine.

There might be a difference in batteries, but that's one thing I usually cheap out on and get I get what's most convenient and least expensive - and I'm not going to engage in a conversation about about an AGM Battery as in Phoenix you start to monitor your battery after 2 1/2 years anyway

We just replaced our original battery in our 2018 CX5 with the Walmart Maxx. Read a good review of the Maxx in the past, and they installed it for free. Very easy. No issues since.

I want to replace the battery on my 2016.5 before winter. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Duracell battery?
I looked at the Interstate battery at Costco but they don't install, so that's out for me.
Most aftermarket car batteries sold in the US are made by a few (3?) companies that build them for retailers: Clarios, (used to be Johnson Controls), which supplies more than half of the market; Atlas Holdings (used to be Exide), and East Penn.

Even the OEM batteries will be made in the USA, they won’t be imported due to cost issue from weight and safety.

So, ignore brands like Mazda OEM High-Performance (from Interstate)、Interstate、EverStart (Walmart)、Duralast、Duracell、Bosch (stopped making batteries?), just get whatever is on sale that fits in your need.

According to Consumer Reports, “most aftermarket car batteries sold in the U.S. are made by three companies that build them for retailers: Johnson Controls, which supplies more than half of the market; Exide; and East Penn.“

Car Battery Buying Guide

Of course Johnson Controls sold their automotive battery business to Clarios in 2019. Not any batteries now is made by Johnson Controls.

Exide Technologies LLC won bankruptcy court approval to sell its Americas battery business to an affiliate of Atlas Holdings in 2020. Atlas Holdings is a manager of investments in industrial manufacturing and distribution businesses.

East Penn is Deka / MK, and so far nothing has changed.

Interstate batteries are no doubt one of the most popular battery brands. From my own experience they usually are reliable and relatively affordable. And many OEM batteries I’ve purchased for my own vehicles from Mazda、Honda、BMW、and VW dealers are all “made by” (or from) Interstate.

“The maker of Interstate Batteries is Brookfield Business Partners and Exide Technologies. The Interstate Battery System of America, Inc., a privately owned battery marketing and distribution company in the United States, markets these batteries.

There was a previous report that Johnson Controls is making 65% of Interstate Batteries. However, this is no longer true. Johnson Controls is not currently making these batteries. The company Brookfield and Exide Technologies has already taken over this job.”

Who Makes Interstate Batteries [Interstate Battery Review]

Finally, I don’t believe Panasonic is selling any automotive batteries in the US.

Back