DSMConvert's Airflow AFC - Frequently asked questions

yes I will continue to sell both....ftc is going to be delayed another week or so...working on including a feature I'd like to add to the ftc abilities....well the new updated fmic map is out....peeps send me a pm I want you to try and get a dyno run with the map I built for you originally.....had my techs do more diggin and yours should be ok, it just seems when it was replicated it got messed up somehow....

Got a couple runs on the dyno and I'm pretty rich save for the first 2000 rpms where I'm very lean. My mods are: 3in catless mid pipe, Injen SRI, Aluminum hardpipes, dual stage boost controller for stock boost and 10psi (spike to 10 settles at about 8.5), copper plugs, boost sciences diverter valve and greddy type-s. Next month I'm going after a side mount, but I'm going to worry about that later. I've also installed your split sec unit that I bought from a forum member that sold/is selling his car. Do you think you can help me out with some maps?
here are the charts:

Attachments

• 10psidyno.psd
    334.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 7psichart.psd
    293.8 KB · Views: 189
Puckpimp71 said:
Got a couple runs on the dyno and I'm pretty rich save for the first 2000 rpms where I'm very lean. My mods are: 3in catless mid pipe, Injen SRI, Aluminum hardpipes, dual stage boost controller for stock boost and 10psi (spike to 10 settles at about 8.5), copper plugs, boost sciences diverter valve and greddy type-s. Next month I'm going after a side mount, but I'm going to worry about that later. I've also installed your split sec unit that I bought from a forum member that sold/is selling his car. Do you think you can help me out with some maps?
here are the charts:

I can't open your pictures. Maybe others can... but JPG is a good route to go. Do you know what map was uploaded into the unit?

holy s*** that pdf crashed my photoshop. I'm running on 2gb of ram and 100 gb of ata serial hd.

Dude why in the world would u make the file that big?

noclue119 said:
holy s*** that pdf crashed my photoshop. I'm running on 2gb of ram and 100 gb of ata serial hd.

Dude why in the world would u make the file that big?

I think they are just bad files...

ok here you go. had to turn off a few applications i was running

Last edited:
Thanks! I think 11 AFR is what we want to run... but I am not sure. It seems to be much more constant on the second graph. Where did your AFR's come from? Did they put a sensor in your bung, or probe the muffler? lol that just sounds funny.

yikes that a/f map looks like the horrible stock one...infact i just compared it and its exactly like the stock one! Are you sure the unit is installed correctly? We usually tune the fuel curves between 11.5 and 12.5...seems to be the perfect match of performance and safety for these cars....

The 7 psi curve is better.... stick to that for now. Very rich @ 10psi. Still need to fix both of them.

Sorry about the file, my computer's been out of commision since I moved, so I just scanned it and posted it at kinko's... Anyway, I'm beginning to think I have it installed wrong now, too because I hooked a laptop up to it and it says it can't connect to the ECU...

CasopoliS said:
Thanks! I think 11 AFR is what we want to run... but I am not sure. It seems to be much more constant on the second graph. Where did your AFR's come from? Did they put a sensor in your bung, or probe the muffler? lol that just sounds funny.
The shop I took it to just put a probe in the muffler...

John,

If I hook it up to my Mac Powerbook running Windows XP in Virtual PC will it work or do I have to buy an old PC laptop to use it?

R

So is there any info and pricing on the FTC yet?

I cant seem to find any info on it.
Matt

Puckpimp71 said:
Sorry about the file, my computer's been out of commision since I moved, so I just scanned it and posted it at kinko's... Anyway, I'm beginning to think I have it installed wrong now, too because I hooked a laptop up to it and it says it can't connect to the ECU...

There are two types of serial cables, you have to watch witch one you use. I bought a USB to serial cable that comes with a driver disk. It lets the USB emulate the serial port when plugged in, and it will tell you what COM to use. That is the best way to know if things are right. The car has to be in the ON position as well. You would have had to not hook up the power wire correctly for it not to connect. More than likely (if you trust your wire install), it has something to do with the cable or your serial port. Make sure the serial port is enabled in device manager as well. Hope that helps.

ForceFed said:
So is there any info and pricing on the FTC yet?

I cant seem to find any info on it.
Matt
SO is there any info on this thing?
Matt

Back