DSMConvert's Airflow AFC - Frequently asked questions

wonder if they can make the port on the ouside of the box or just have a serial cable hanging out. that would be nice.

John,

I was gonna see if I could hook it up to my G4 Powerbook running the R4 Software on Virtual PC XP, but the serial cable that I had wasn't the correct one. I'll try to pick one up this week and check it out. I'll get back to you with the results.

R

Paul said:
wonder if they can make the port on the ouside of the box or just have a serial cable hanging out. that would be nice.
You could just cut a hole in the lid, or leave the lid off all the time. It ain't no thang. The way mine is mounted, you can't see it anyways

s***. I have the base super-map (the original one) and today I threw my first CEL. My shop ran the code and it said that the the first O2 sensor was reading an abnormal reading from bank 1. They weren't sure whether it was running lean or rich. The last few days my car started bucking again. I thought that my clamps might have been loose, but I checked them all today and tightened them all to s*** without much of a change. It improved the problem a bit, but nothing like normal DSM AFC standard. Gas mileage today really sucked.

I'm gonna try and take it to Mazda tomorrow. Maybe the O2 sensor is bad. I still don't have the appropriate serial cable to hook up my Mac to the unit so I can upload the new FMIC map. Damn.....I hate not knowing what is going on!!!!!!! Argggghhh!

R

i made an appointment to get my car dynotuned on friday using the dsm afc. this is gonna be on a mustangdyno, so i'm not expecting big numbers but i'm hoping to get close to 200whp

my mods are in my sig, plus i'm installing wrx 440cc injectors tomorrow. note: i'm still on the stock map, not the fmic updated one. i'm gonna tune for 10psi and if there are no signs of pinging i'm gonna gradually push up towards 12psi. i'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.

i'll try remember to get numbers of the before/after dyno's and save maps so others can copy/use for those whom have similar setups.

^^sorry man but stupid question, why would u spend the money doing a dyno tune if u have a downpipe/pistons/rods on order? after any of those mods the car would need to be tuned again.
and i'd say at 10psi if u can't hit 200whp then ur car has a problem. u should be well over that i would think

well the rod/pistons were bought w/ the intentions to be installed this summer, but i got blind sided by old student loans. needless to say, i had to spend all the funds i saved for the motorbuild on the loans. so the rods/pistons will be pushed back to prolly next summer :(

as far as how much hp i will make... i think it'll be pretty hard to make 200whp on a mustang dyno. they generally read out 10-15% less than dynojets. most people w/ similar mods as i seem to be making around 200-210whp on a dynojet.

if i missed this in the thread, sorry,but is the software mac compatable?

Rainman said:
s***. I have the base super-map (the original one) and today I threw my first CEL. My shop ran the code and it said that the the first O2 sensor was reading an abnormal reading from bank 1. They weren't sure whether it was running lean or rich. The last few days my car started bucking again. I thought that my clamps might have been loose, but I checked them all today and tightened them all to s*** without much of a change. It improved the problem a bit, but nothing like normal DSM AFC standard. Gas mileage today really sucked.

I'm gonna try and take it to Mazda tomorrow. Maybe the O2 sensor is bad. I still don't have the appropriate serial cable to hook up my Mac to the unit so I can upload the new FMIC map. Damn.....I hate not knowing what is going on!!!!!!! Argggghhh!

R

Did you take all your spark plugs out and checked them?

wow i dont know how i didnt see this thread until today, but i ran a search and found it after talking to a guy via email who is also looking into buying this. good info, and im already saving up for it!!!

quick question, hope someone can answer... my dad picked up some refurbished laptops reps used to use from his company a few years back... i think it has windows 96 on it... will the software be compatible with it? cause if nkot they are goin on ebay... and actually if it is compatible and someone needs one i think i have 2 or 3.. (1 for me 1 for someone who shoots me the first pm, or 1 for me and 2 for the first two pm's).. thanks for whoever answer my question.

RXMmazdaspeed said:
quick question, hope someone can answer... my dad picked up some refurbished laptops reps used to use from his company a few years back... i think it has windows 96 on it... will the software be compatible with it? cause if nkot they are goin on ebay... and actually if it is compatible and someone needs one i think i have 2 or 3.. (1 for me 1 for someone who shoots me the first pm, or 1 for me and 2 for the first two pm's).. thanks for whoever answer my question.

I took a screenshot of the start-up screen for you. It is attached.
You will be fine.

Attachments

• R4_start.jpg
    R4_start.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 228
haha

yeah there is no Win 96,

Win 3.x Win 95 Win 98 98 SE Win ME Win2000 (diff variations) WINXP Pro and Home, and some others.

No Windows 96 hehe.

RXMmazdaspeed said:
hook me up. i'll take one.

Back