DSMConvert's Airflow AFC - Frequently asked questions

lol my bad i shoulda read my post before i replied. peepsalot.. you are (ghey) lol but i woulda done the same if someone else posted that.

Paul said:
hook me up. i'll take one.

ill go home tonight and get the specs on one of them for you just so you know. im not just going to give it away i want to make a couple bucks off of it of course, but i can promise you it wont be expensive by any means. ill post later tonight regarding the comp.

txrxs said:
if i missed this in the thread, sorry,but is the software mac compatable?

The software is Windows only. However, once I get the appropriate serial cable, I will be able to tell you if you can hook it up to a Mac laptop running Virtual PC.

I have installed the software on my Virutal PC XP partition, but without attaching the yet-to-be-purchased cable I don't know if the laptop (G4 15" Titanium Powerbook) will recognize the AFC unit.

I'll keep you posted.

R

lcruz64 said:
Did you take all your spark plugs out and checked them?

Took out some of my plugs (too lazy to do all of them) and checked them. I'll post the pics once I get off my ass and d/l the pics to my hard drive. The plugs looked OK. Not sparkling-running-to-lean clean, but not completely sooty either. I've had them in for about 3 months now.

I ended up resetting the ECU after my shop buys cleared the code (abnormal O2 sensor reading bank 1) and everything cleared up. I think that the ECU had never seen a completely closed system (some of the clamps behind the front bumper may have been leaking before I tightened everything) so that when I checked every single clamp all of a sudden a much larger quantity of air was moving through the system. This was probably causing the car to run lean.

Since I am running the base super-map it would be interesting to see what the duty-cycle of the injectors was doing. Were they maxed out at this point or would there be room for more fuel via the AFC. I don't suppose that they would be maxed out since I haven't upped my boost at all. However, I would like to see how close to needing new injectors I actually am.

R

edit:

what are you looking for exactly? if u want to purchase, you need to go through ken, dsm convert doesnt sell them anymore. if u need tech support u can go through ken, split sec or dsm convert.

Last edited:
Maybe a stupid question but what are the four yellow wires that are separate from the spliced ones?? Are they the aux. inputs? I have the version 2.

Rainman said:
Took out some of my plugs (too lazy to do all of them) and checked them.
R

dude, there's a total of 4, why not take them all out and check? (deadhorse

Is the Split Second AFC the same as the DSMConverts Afc?

How do you switch thru maps?

Whats the stock split second AFC map set for, boostwise? stock boost?

the dsm afc is a split second afc made for us. so technically not the same but is the same, if that makes sense haha. you switch maps via the software, a laptop and a db9 cable. the map comes with a super map that recognizes up to 10 psi and adjusts acordingly.

sounds good, I just installed it but the car seems to run just as before.
Im gonna try to put in the boost controller up to 10psi.

do you have a wideband gauge? if not you should notice a smoother entry to boost (no hesitation), not so much extra power at low boost. it also depends on other mods too.

I dont have a wideband since I dunno how to tune it myself, I figured I didnt need one.

I gotta get a custom map soon tho.

right now I have basically FMIC, short ram intake with KN Filter, catback exhaust.

I gotta install the 626 manifold soon with 440cc injectors and maybe if Im not completely satisfied then, I might get the GHL downpipe(s pipe + j pipe, catless). Hoefully Ill be around 220whp or so.

Vista Drivers?

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are vista drivers for the SSAFC... I know it works on my friends XP laptop... but when i plug it into my Vista laptop there are no current drivers. Also I don't have a MSP ECU but it should still work correct?

I just went to the darkside and i've been successfully using the SSAFC with a N/A tuned map. But now i need to tune for the turbo setup and basically i just want to use the Supermap. And now im scared to run my car because it's running like sh1t even before i hit boost...

Thanks in advance

try right clicking the r4 exe file and click on properties. Then go to compatibility and click on "run this program in compatibility mode for"---->windows xp (service pack 2).

it should work after that

cool thanks i'll give that a shot... i figured it was vista cuz the r4 software runs fine(on vista) but when i plug in the SSAFC into my laptop its unable to find the drivers for it

Back